Possible overheating?

And why would you do that?

I like the Mobius, but I want a dual camera setup that uses one DVR unit. I was planning on buying another Mobius, but like I said, I want a setup that uses just one DVR.

the dual camera solutions are much lower bitrate due to writing two data streams to the one card, under ideal conditions you should be able to read licence plates, good lighting, not moving etc, if it's low light, moving too fast etc you won't

I got my K1S from the 1st shipment to USA where 10 were available on ebay from a Techmoan Review Link
often i read about recording issues and found Pier28 usually recommends sending it back, RMA, etc,
never offers the real solution that solves it most of the time.
This is To BadMouth the K!S wherever possible, before it was the sound over and over,

Real Reason he Badmouths the K!S is a falling out with his Business Partner at RoadCam Inc. who sells the K1s, and wants him to fail the product launch

visit www.roadcam.com you will see it hijacks to Pier28 Site. See His Products/ Big Suctions Cup Types
then visit www.roadcam.us for the K1S Sales and Service

TEXT DELETED - UNSUBSTANTIATED - DASHCAMMAN

Spytech called him out on it already and so have a few others notice this.

anyways to Solve Recording Issues and Short Breaks in the Card
USE ONLY UHS-1 SD CARDS not any sd card will work. I use a Lexar 633 /32g with no issue
prior i did have many issues using a fake samsung evo card, and other generics which work good for music and camera but not in the K1S

google UHS-1 and use only top of the line professional type sd card in the K1S vs Sending Back the DVR / rma the supplier / per Pier 28 kindly advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt a lucky I never experienced this overheating with the K1S, and then last week the K1S started getting very hot, and appeared to be rebooting over and over. Sort of disappointed now.

Amazon says it's beyond the return window but the sellers site says it has a 1 year warranty so I should at least get a new battery, not that I have much faith in the battery at this point. Hopefully I will get a chance to call around tomorrow and see what the options are. Worst case I may adapt some caps to it.

An interesting side note for anyone running without a battery, the last two files (cam 1 and cam 2) seem to be corrupt after suddenly loosing power, ie. shutting the vehicle off. MPC and VLC won't play them. They may still be usable with more effort but it's something to keep in mind if you get in an accident without a battery or with a bulging battery and suddenly loose power. It would really suck to get in an accident and not be able to see the moment of impact showing who is at fault.
maybe you could buy 1pc more spare battery from seller

Have anyone tried the following?

take the battery off;
use a good mobile phone power-bank and connect to the K1S power port;

I am testing this theory and leaving the parking mode on as well.

I can either recharge the power-bank at home every night or plug the K1S power feed to the power bank and recharge it while I'm driving.

any feedback are welcome

Back