Video problem

Renik

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Hello, have LS460W about 6 months but now I have a problems. I uploaded a short video, see it please. Video isn't stable, it shakes.. Can anybody tell me where may be a problem?

BTW where can I found latest firmware? Want to try pre-flash it again. It's not on official website.
Thank you.

MOVIE:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4YKGkk8MpH7LXY5cnh2NHM3LTA

Not able to watch video at the moment, but just make sure the "ball joint" part of the mount is tight. You can email DOD, or ask your retailer, with your firmware version to make sure you have the latest. May guess is you probably already do, so re-installing it won't do anything.

the camera is either extremely loose (would think you should notice if it was that loose) in the mount, or faulty

The video shakes even when your not moving. Seems mount is definitely loose or flakey. Did you convert the file from .mov to MP4?

I came onto this forum to research this EXACT problem I have with my new LS360. The mount is tight. Any other suggestions?

I think he's saying the mount is tight but he still has shaky video
Wasn't sure if he was just referring to the "ball joint" part of the mount or how it connects to the camera. I assume both, but eliminating the mount itself would be good.

Thanks for the replies. I am using the suction cup mount, can't use the adhesive. I will recheck tightness once again to be sure.

Odd thing is, when I shut the vehicle off (camera stays on), the camera stops that "shaking" (it's more like a pulsation). Any chance it could be related to electrical interference?

Hi,

That is not a camera holder problem, more a download problem or reading the chip problem. I have seen similar videos of my very early Go Pro camera.

That is also not an interference problem I would dare to say.

I would send the camera back and test a new one.

So here is my follow-up to this problem. I have tried 2 different suction mounts and 2 different but same model number (LS360) cameras. I still get that jello effect when truck is idling. While I do like the video quality of this cam, I must send them both back and find something else. Odd thing is, I never had this problem with my old DVR-207. I think maybe it's the design of the mount. The DVR-207 used a screw type connection to connect mount to camera which seems much more solid to me.

But anyway, hope this helps someone who might have this problem in the future.

So here is my follow-up to this problem. I have tried 2 different suction mounts and 2 different but same model number (LS360) cameras. I still get that jello effect when truck is idling. While I do like the video quality of this cam, I must send them both back and find something else. Odd thing is, I never had this problem with my old DVR-207. I think maybe it's the design of the mount. The DVR-207 used a screw type connection to connect mount to camera which seems much more solid to me.

But anyway, hope this helps someone who might have this problem in the future.
I wouldn't send the cameras back until I determine the source of he problem. You can try it in a different vehicle, like @CaptureYourAction said, you can try it off the mount, you can try it on battery power only, there's a lot of things you can do to eliminate all the possible causes.

Hi all. Yes, I have tried the original camera in a different vehicle, my personal vehicle. I've also tried it off the mount and holding it my hand. In both cases the problem does go away. But please remember, I am trying to use this in a tractor-trailer (lorry). This vehicle naturally does have more vibrations. But, I never had this problem with my old DVR-207 that I used in this same vehicle. I do believe that the mounting system that the DOD camera uses is not suitable for use in this large truck. The slide on mount seems to not have as good of a connection between mount and camera as the screw-type mount the old DVR-207 uses. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back