G90 A7LA70 128GB Micro SD card problem

DeLorean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Front: G90 A7LA70 with GPS / Rear: G1WH
Hi Guys,

I've recently moved from a Transcend 64GB Class 10 UHS-I Micro SDHC memory card to a SanDisk Ultra 128GB Class 10 Micro SDXC Class 10 memory card... and it's driving me nuts :confused:
The camera records for a random few minutes, make a notification sound and then flashes a red message across the screen saying "No SD Card Inserted!" :(
However, the SD card icon still shows there is a card inserted and pushing the OK button will start it recording for a few minutes again.
Sometimes when you power up the camera it starts recording... but other times it cant be bothered and you have to press the OK button to set it rolling.
Anyone have any ideas?
Are there any known issues with older firmwares and using 128GB cards?
It's been running perfectly in my car on the 64GB card for 1½years and still does if I revert back to it... however it detests the 128GB card :(
Many thanks :)

Ha... ha... I'm such a silly sod sometimes :p
I didn't plug the USB power cable in properly so whilst flashing a new firmware the battery ran flat... voila, one bricked the camera :rolleyes:
Thank goodness I remembered how to unbrick the G90 :D
Now trying a new firmware to see if this fixes the SD card issue.

Nope using a new(ish) firmware made no difference :(
I wonder if I have a duff 128GB SD card :confused:
It was bought from a reputable source so I should have no problems getting a replacement :D

The consensus seems to be to avoid SanDisk cards in dash cams. Also, make sure it's formatted to Fat32.

They seem to have a compatibility issue with a lot of dash cams. Google it. They do have a new line out called Endurance that's for use in dash cams. They are pricier though.

Not saying that's what your issue is, just an FYI.

I've now put the Transcend 64GB back in the G90 and it's happy again and put the 128GB in my rear facing G1WH which seems happy with it.
I guess the G90 just doesn't like 128GB cards or is very picky?
I normally use generic Micro SD cards from Rakuten.co.uk/Play.com in my dashcams and digital cameras and have never had a single problem.
They lived through bitterly cold winters and blisteringly hot summers and everyone of the cards still works flawlessly :D
One Play.com 32GB card lived in one of my dashcams that ran non-stop for several years (used as security camera) without any problems.
I find thayif you buy from a reputable supplier which offers a comprehensive warranty then you're usually okay ;)
Thanks for all your input :D

Using a Micro SD card extender (easy to find on eBay & cheap) is a great way of locking your memory card in the glove box etc.
If your dashcam gets stolen or removed the video footage of the offender doesn't leave with the camera :D

Okay I spoke to early... just found out that the G1Wh won't shut down properly with the 128GB card inserted.
It attempts to shut down makes a click sound and starts back up again :rolleyes:
Works fine with all my other 32GB and 64GB SD cards.
Must be a faulty card so sending it back to Amazon :(

G90 supports up to 64GB memory card!

I had read of several people claiming to be using 128GB cards in the G90.
I tried several other firmwares but it wasn't having any of it, so I went back to 64GB :rolleyes:
I'll replacing the battery in my G90 in the next few days as it's completely failed now :confused:

Agree. I try 128Gb card and it working nomaly on my G90 from last week. Nothing's wrong. :)
Format card at NTSF, I do.

Hello
What's the real memory capacity? All specs i found says it's 32GB (which seems not enough to me).
Have been changed with some recent firmware or it's considered as might work with bigger cards while not guaranteed by manufacturer?

Hello
What's the real memory capacity? All specs i found says it's 32GB (which seems not enough to me).
Have been changed with some recent firmware or it's considered as might work with bigger cards while not guaranteed by manufacturer?
The G90C is tested and good for up to 64GB. I tried a 128GB card a week or 2 ago and didn't have any issues.

64GB works with the G90C no problem.
I tried a 128GB SanDisk Ultra card but it kept stopped after each recording of about 6 minutes or so.
I did try the latest firmware for the camera but it made no difference.
If people have managed to get 128GB cards working in their G90C's perhaps they could post links to these compatible cards :D

The card I tried was a Silicon Power 128Gb Class 10. I will say it wasn't a long term test. I had it in the camera for about 30-60 minutes. No issues.

A Sandisk Ultra card not working isn't that much of a surprise. That's the king of non-recommended cards. I know some use them without issue, but it's not a surprise when they don't work.

Back