Can't find a A119 versus SG9665GC

WA3PNT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware F750/770 Firmware (Dual), X550 (Dual) and a F50
I've narrowed it down to these two cams, and looking for a side by side.

Also interested in the best picture quality.

RodeoGeorge

You've done your research :)

the processor is different but the SG9665GC has the same sensor as my SGZC12RC. it's nice and bright but definitely does not have as much detail as the A119 is capable of. the 1440P files from the A119 have a nice fat 20-21MBps bitrate, too.

the processor is different but the SG9665GC has the same sensor as my SGZC12RC. it's nice and bright but definitely does not have as much detail as the A119 is capable of. the 1440P files from the A119 have a nice fat 20-21MBps bitrate, too.

Thanks abarth.

That's the type information I need.

I won't say that price is no object, but the SG9665GC with a VICO Power Plus and 64GB card runs right at $100 more than the A119 (on Amazon).

I'm not in a rush, and just know that as soon as I order something, I'll regret it a day later when there is a new unit introduced. LOL

RodeoGeorge

$100 is a big difference to me. people are still reporting some bugs on the A119 since it's so new but I'm finding it reliable so far in the week I've had it. so far, the only thing that bugs me for my uses is that the motion detect is waaaay too sensitive and that the LCD wakes up every time it senses a new motion detect event. that's not very stealth in a dark parking lot.

$100 is a big difference to me. people are still reporting some bugs on the A119 since it's so new but I'm finding it reliable so far in the week I've had it. so far, the only thing that bugs me for my uses is that the motion detect is waaaay too sensitive and that the LCD wakes up every time it senses a new motion detect event. that's not very stealth in a dark parking lot.

That is a negative (the display coming on when it wakes up).

I keep bouncing back and forth between the two.

The newer processor in the SG9665 has to help.

I've not found a definitive temperature spec on the A119, and that is certainly an issue here in Arizona. I'll keep looking.

RodeoGeorge

yup. I'm confident that a firmware update will fix the LCD waking up. until then, I may just place some painters tape on it.

yup. I'm confident that a firmware update will fix the LCD waking up. until then, I may just place some painters tape on it.
The Dome DAB201, 202 and 205 cameras were doing that too. They fixed it with a firmware update when I brought it to their attention.

Overall rule with most daschams is its takes about 1-1.5y after 1st public release to fully polish up firmware and fix other hiccups ( incl. some hardware change ) before product become mature.

Working on new firmware now, this will be sorted in next version.

Well, took the dive for the A119 from Amazon.

I know that I'll probably wind up also purchasing a SG9665GC as well, but for now the A119, a spare GPS (for my truck), Transcend 633x 64GB Card, and the Vico Power Plus.

Plan to move the Vico Power Plus between vehicles, so I'll wire it with a connector like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/272262052914
I need to find a hardwire kit without the low voltage protection, as the Vico will take care of that. I just need the 12V in and 5V USB output. Any suggestions?

RodeoGeorge

Back