Connection of rear camera?

ngbdq

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Was someone able to connect a rear camera to Dome G90 Dashcam? There are three models in G90 dashcam family: G90, G90A and G90C. It appears only G90A could possibly connect to a rear camera. Is that correct?
I posted a question on Gearbest and the answer is that G90A supports rear camera. I am not so sure about it. Can someone share your experience here. Hopefully from someone who did it. It is very confusing to see picture with AVIN indicated while user guide only mentions TV out.

Thanks for the input, Sabe. I was aware of G5WA. If not for the ugly rear camera, I almost have gone that route. My purpose is not for recording. I just need a backup camera plus a dash cam. G5WA is not suited for backup purpose as its rear camera is intended for installation inside of a car. For car backup, rear camera should be mounted around license plate area to be more effective. I have a feeling the AVIN shown in some photos is not for real.

I don't think that dome is giving false information on their product spec page.
Anyways, dvr screen is so small and position of dvr is so weird that i don't think it's very handy solution to have rear view camera in there, in real life when you back up you have to look 4 things many times in series again and again, and i'm quite sure that if you are sitting in position where you can see your 3 mirrors you can not see dvr display without moving closer to it, and if you move you cannot see mirrors and that is an accident waiting to happen.

Finally, I was able to find Anytek A100H (DVR with backup camera) for my purpose. I installed it on the left hand side my rear view mirror so that I can see it well during back up. Thanks to its Novatek 96655, the recorded video quality is excellent for the front camera and acceptable for the backup camera. Yes, it records both front and back at the same time (as separate video file). I am quite surprised that I can not find any Anytek product info from this site.

Back