New DR650S-2CH and DR650S-1CH

John Walshaw

Reaction score
Country
United States
On the Android app, under firmware downloads, there is now a DR650S-2CH and DR650S-1CH listed. Is this a new model pending release? I don't see any press releases or references to this model on t'internet.

According to my email from Blackvue, these are the new models...

The new model is called DR650 S. It is already shipped to our office in U.S and hopefully you will be able to buy it in a week or so.

My assumption was it was just a small update (if any hardware update at all even) to distinguish the 650 models that support cloud, because pre april 2015 (or sometime around there) the 650 models did NOT have a wifi module that could support the cloud feature. it was probably confusing consumers who were buying 650 models manufactured before the update finding out their cam doesn't support cloud.

How does one know if their DR650GW model supports the cloud?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

According to my email from Blackvue, these are the new models...

The new model is called DR650 S. It is already shipped to our office in U.S and hopefully you will be able to buy it in a week or so.

The DR650S is also available through our authorised Australian dealer network. A few of the online stores are already stocking and offering this unit to customers. Thank you.

Thank you. Will try that.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I have the DR650S-2CH installed in my Tesla replacing my old 750 which had screen button issue. I'd love to use it in cloud but have tried to create account numerous times and got no response back to confirm my e-mail. I was successful in registering my other DR650GW-2CH in my other car. The DR650S seems to go in and out of cloud maybe because I haven't registered it yet. The 650GW seems ok w/cloud.

Back