Connecting to mobile hotspot

Pakolainen

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Have recently tried connecting the camera to my mobile hotspot (which is successful to run a full days work off, stream videos and so forth).
I can't get the camera to connect to my mobile hotspot, as the camera is connected to my phone in it's wifi capacity.
I took my wife's phone out to the car and tried with that but it wouldn't find the hotspot. I was able to get it to connect to my home wifi, but that's no good when driving.

What i would like it to do is to connect to my wife's mobile hotspot when she get's in the car (it's her car and camera's are in her car). I'm figuring that this then enables the cloud viewing and should anything happen i can see from the cloud any issues.

So i guess, 1st off is it possible to connect to a phone's mobile hotspot?
is it possible to stop the camera automatically connecting to phone's wifi (as this cancels out any net activities on the phone)?

Thanks

Yes, it is possible. I initially had problems connecting to my Blackberry hot spot but the Blackvue support team helped me out. I'll paste their response to an email below. There was quite a bit of back and forth but this ended up being the fix for me. Hope it helps. If not, I would urge you to email them.

Would you please change the SSID of your blackberry hotspot to 8~10 alhabets/numbers without any space. Also, if your blackberry hotspot allows you to choose the "Security" option, choose "WPA2 PSK" and try again.
We will be waiting for your feedback.

Best Regards
BlackVue Support Team

Back