How to boost Blackvue DR650 wifi

paata01

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
I just installed Blackvue DR650 2C, everything seems fine, it already saved me from 45$ for cleaning ticket. WIFI seems to fluctuate a lot, can I buy booster or whats the best way to boost signal. I park very close to my office, usually 15-20 feet, sometimes signal is 3 bars sometimes 4, but most of the time it fails to connect. If I am inside, there is only glass door between my phone (or laptop) and my car.
thanks

I don't think there is a way of boosting it.

I'm looking at using an LTE Wifi hotspot dongle in the car to maintain a cloud connection.

I don't think there is a way of boosting it.

I'm looking at using an LTE Wifi hotspot dongle in the car to maintain a cloud connection.
what about signal booster, actually router is close to car too. But I heard only 10 minutes is free for live feed on cloud is that correct?

I don't know if you could get a signal booster to work or not.

It's hit and miss at my house and the car is on the drive outside. Even cloud connection to the home broadband doesn't work properly all the time (as in doesn't connect. Once connected it's fine)

I think you get 10mins a day free. But to be honest once you've messed about with it a few times the novelty wears off and you only check as and when required. The issue they have at the moment is the files on the SD card (I also use a 64gb Endurance card) have stopped showing up over the cloud connection with the latest app. (v1.021)

I don't know if you could get a signal booster to work or not.

It's hit and miss at my house and the car is on the drive outside. Even cloud connection to the home broadband doesn't work properly all the time (as in doesn't connect. Once connected it's fine)

I think you get 10mins a day free. But to be honest once you've messed about with it a few times the novelty wears off and you only check as and when required. The issue they have at the moment is the files on the SD card (I also use a 64gb Endurance card) have stopped showing up over the cloud connection with the latest app. (v1.021)
Thank you, I read post about SD cards, they recommended DELKIN and LEXAR, I bought Lexar, I thought faster SD better, but that was not a case. Lexar seems to work fine, that part about connection puzzles me too. If I go closer to car and connect to WIFI it works if I walk away, but from far it can not connect. I need more than 10 minutes free a day, because there is street cleaning twice a week near my office and I am watching for a sanitation vehicle, that why I need more than 10 minutes a day.

I'm not sure but they might be planning to release a paid service to allow more access or they may limit it so that they can provide access to all.

I'm not sure but they might be planning to release a paid service to allow more access or they may limit it so that they can provide access to all.
I will connect to WIFI, when I closer to my car and will try that way, but I am not sure, why it loses signal so dramatically. the same location and sometimes it's 4 bars, sometimes not visible at all. Probably other signals interrupting or something like that.

Hi,
I just installed Blackvue DR650 2C, everything seems fine, it already saved me from 45$ for cleaning ticket. WIFI seems to fluctuate a lot, can I buy booster or whats the best way to boost signal. I park very close to my office, usually 15-20 feet, sometimes signal is 3 bars sometimes 4, but most of the time it fails to connect. If I am inside, there is only glass door between my phone (or laptop) and my car.
thanks

hi
i hv the same problem with my snooperscope dashcam...
personally i believe that prob is fixed by using a wifi antenna extender on our cars.
assume, we can put a micro usb male hub onto the camera with the usb output connected to the antenna.
what do u think ?

Hi,
thanks

CHECK BELOW
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00NVFKBWI
ALL YOU HV TO DO IS TO CONNECT THE CAMERA WITH THIS ANTENNA
LET ME KNOW IF I WAS CORRECT

CHECK BELOW
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00NVFKBWI
ALL YOU HV TO DO IS TO CONNECT THE CAMERA WITH THIS ANTENNA
LET ME KNOW IF I WAS CORRECT

No that will not work as the dashcam does not have a connector to use with this antenna. These are typically what you will see on home routers, I know that my Asus has these exact antennas. It would be really nice if this was an option, smiles.

You don't. A dashcam with wifi is ad-hoc, which means it's in the range of 10meters or so. You won't get any juice out of an extender connected to the dashcam anywho..

Back