Dash Cam Parking Mode

BiddyB

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello everyone, I am new to dash cams. Recently I have had my dash cam hard wired to my car. However, ever since then, my dash cam's memory is full of parking mode videos. Each video is also 1 minute long. I have had a look at the settings in the blackvue all and I cam across g sensor sensitivity (normal) and (parking) or something of the sorts. What are good sensitivities should i have for both of these settings? Is there a way to increase the length of the videos or are they always at 1 minute? And is it normal for the dash cam to be continuously recording and storing the parking mode videos? Thanks in advance.

Hmm I may have it on. I am not sure. I just want it so if my car is parked and if somebody hits it whilst I am not there, it will record and save the video when it was hit. Thanks

Parking mode itself will record when the car is hit while parked (via g-force). If you also have motion detection on, then it will potentially start recording whenever someone walks by or the wind causing a tree branch to sway.

Ah right! So if i disable motion detection, I won't have any videos saved in the camera's memory unless the g sensor is triggered?

Problem is in this case, that if you disable the motion detection and your car gets hit, it will take some seconds till it starts recording, meaning that you most probably miss the impact and worse, you might not even get to see who did it....

Actually, in parking mode it will have buffered the 5 seconds before impact so the actual event/impact will be recorded on the SD card.

Dear stefxx, in parking mode the camera does not record unless it is triggered either by motion detection or the actual impact, thus those 5 seconds prior to the event will not exist, since the camera is not recording. That is why it is so important to have the motion detection on while the car is parked.

As I have it arranged, I park my car most of the times in front of my garage; have installed a powerful sensor activated lamp high on top of the garage door. In my case this is only for burglary reasons, for my car is on a high ramp and no car can affect it; the idea behind this is that in case someone approaches the car, the Lamp will turn on and "hopefully" that same presence will activate both my car dashcams (front & rear).... That way the recording will be perfectly visible at night thanks to the lamp on the wall.

BR,
Spanish Flyer

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your message! And sorry to say, but I strongly disagree. My DR650-2GW does buffer the 5 seconds, and at time of impact it will write those 5 seconds before impact (and 55 seconds after impact) to the SD card. I have completely disabled the movement sensor (set to 0) so it will only react on the G-sensor.

I have tested this several times.

I don't sell Blackvue so I'm not familiar with this model, but looking at the specs from different websites, none mention a buffered parking mode on the DR650-2GW. I would think they would highlight that feature if it had it. Maybe a seller can chime in as to whether it has it or not.

Which part of "I have tested this several times" do you not understand? Do I really have to waste three messages about this?

And the review on this website also mentions it: "Buffers video in parking mode (saves 5 seconds before impact / motion detection and 55 seconds after)"

https://dashcamtalk.com/blackvue-dr650gw-2ch/

You can also set it to 2 minutes (5 seconds before and 115 seconds after).

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your message! And sorry to say, but I strongly disagree. My DR650-2GW does buffer the 5 seconds, and at time of impact it will write those 5 seconds before impact (and 55 seconds after impact) to the SD card. I have completely disabled the movement sensor (set to 0) so it will only react on the G-sensor.

I have tested this several times.
I have the DR650S-2CH with movement sensor set to 0 and it still records to SD card in park mode.

Which part of "I have tested this several times" do you not understand? Do I really have to waste three messages about this?

And the review on this website also mentions it: "Buffers video in parking mode (saves 5 seconds before impact / motion detection and 55 seconds after)"

https://dashcamtalk.com/blackvue-dr650gw-2ch/

STEFXX can you post a video

I tested this with no luck - movement 0 and parking g sensors all on 99 - I did 2 things and neither were recorded ... unless these are not enough "movement"

Opened my trunk and bounced the rear of the vehicle up/down

Went to the front of the hood and again, bounced the front of the vehicle up/down

Sure, if you tell me how to post a video... and please don't tell me I have to use YouTube. Or just give me a link where I can upload.

Sure, if you tell me how to post a video... and please don't tell me I have to use YouTube. Or just give me a link where I can upload.

I would tell you to use YT, easiest way possible but can post the video at places like uploaded.net or mediafire

Back