DR650GW-2CH vs DR650S-2CH

thimself

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it worth getting the newer model, if the older GW model is cheaper?

Did you get some answers to this?

I have been using it in 5 months, but if it's better I will change.

If you already have the cloud compatible GW I wouldn't do the upgrade. Depends how important Cloud is for you, there may be some new firmware enabled features for Cloud with 650S down the road?

Depends how important Cloud is for you, there may be some new firmware enabled features for Cloud with 650S down the road?
I.. was under the impression that the 650S returned the "audio" switch that was available before the cloud phenomena. With the "cloud" on the old version the switch to toggle sound recording was hijacked to serve as a switch to record an event. Pittasoft realizing their mistake (but not willing to admit it) decided to make a brand new camera with the ability to do the cloud and toggle the sound recording.... There probably is.. untapped features in the 650S to be released later.. but at the moment Pittasoft is trying hard to push the cloud feature.. that will provide a revenue source for them.. but that none of their customers really want.
Just my opinion.. for what it is worth.

I have both 650 (April 2014) and 650S (July 2016). Not much difference honestly. I noticed that the 650S had the ability to tweak settings for the rear camera, and will be updating the 650 right now to see if new firmware has that option.

I dont know about you but i have GW for some time now and cannot believe that Pittasoft is not able to implement function of Emergency recording (pre. -10sec and post.+10sec) which is crucial for users and specially since they have a perfect place for this - WiFi/Audio switch...

The image quality is almost the same.
From the appearance. The factory added a new lens cover for the rear camera and a new package.
FYI

Back