The G1W Sellers listing.

Signed up just to post this about gearbest.

I used gearbest to buy the G1WHT around Feb 4th of this year, I didn't get around to installing it in my car until a couple of months ago. I keep having issues with it so I decided to open it up and see and decided to confirm the chipset as well. What I ordered was "G1WHT 2.7 - inch Full HD 1080P Car Dash VR Camera Recorder G - sensor Novatek NT96650" and specifically ordered that.
NKACxk5.png

Yesterday when I popped it open and looked at the chipset it was GPCV2159

MEnoJjbl.jpg

I contacted gearbest and they confirmed I was given the wrong chipset.

"Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.
We have confirmed with supplier, they just offered us the wrong description about the chipset."

I'm only being offered a $20 refund on my wallet.

Just a warning to others.
Welcome to DCT @Seagulls Thanks for the information. Twenty bucks :confused:

Thanks! and for sure, $20 credit for something I couldn't control. This dashcam is the only thing I've ordered off of gearbest so the credits basically useless anyways.

Frankly speaking,gearbest always have a better price than us!
but we insist original chipest novatek 96650 and AR0330 Sensor to ensure better quality!

I would most strongly suggest to everyone NOT buying from GearBest but instead buy from estore009 ( http://stores.ebay.co.uk/estore009?_rdc=1 ). I bought a G1WH dashcam from GearBest back in January 2015. In December 2015 the camera became faulty and developed a white screen. I could not read the menu items and the camera became unusable.
I wrote to GearBest and sent them photos several times and by the time they did reply they said the camera was more than one year old and would not fulfil the warranty. I tried to explain to them that the camera became faulty before the the one year had warranty expired - they would not have it, and did not adhere to their terms of business.
I since bought a G1WH camera from estore009 back in January 2016 and has since worked very well.
Hopefully estore009 are honest and adhere to their terms of business if their cameras/products develop a fault.
I will never, ever do business with GearBest ever again and will try to encourage people not to do business with them.

Last edited:
it looks like you have a battery problem. i had same problems with the g1wh - i reccomend you to try a capacitor version of this camera (g1wc/g1wcb), i'm pretty sure that you not going to have any problems with that, even in hot weather.
i do not reccomend to use the battery versions in hot weather countries. after one summer it stops working well. my g1wc (capacitor version) that i bought from gearbest is already 2 years in use (24/7 on the windshield) and still working very well.

i had a really bad experience with banggood, they sent to me a fake "g1w" with battery, instead a g1wc.

Purchased a G1W-CB from Gearbest, no problems. Shipped in 7 days from China>Chicago. First thing I did was crack it open and ensure its got a NT96650, which It did.

A few weeks ago I got 2 G1W-HC cams from GB. Advertised and came with NT96650, AR 0330, and super-caps. They've performed well so far and were a bargain at around $35 each. Still best to deal with more reputable sellers than any Chinese mega-store to have warranty and customer service if you need it.

Phil

Is this legit? banggood is selling G1W for $23CAD ($16USD). seems to good to be true

Is this legit?

You're better off getting the new G1W-S with upgraded Sony Sensor. (VIOFO has an G1W official factory, no cheap knock off parts are used)
We just got them in stock a few weeks ago. (I see you're in Canada, Check the new Amazon.ca listing)

Another fake, this one with a GP chipset and pulsating video. I reviewed it here :https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mini-review-g1w-fake-from-bg.25934/
Probably worth $16 US but not more :p Mine still functions but randomly shuts down 1-2 times a week :(

Phil
Thanks, seemed too good to be true.
gearbust is selling g1wcb for $40cad: Legit? I noticed some earlier posts with pics of crappier processor and some ok :unsure: confused

You're better off getting the new G1W-S with upgraded Sony Sensor. (VIOFO has an G1W official factory, no cheap knock off parts are used)
We just got them in stock a few weeks ago. (I see you're in Canada, Check the new Amazon.ca listing)

thanks but that's kinda pricey, might as well get A119

The G1W-HC is (or was) around $34US and IMHO the lowest price cam I'd trust or recommend. Supercaps, NT96650 processor, AR0330 sensor, fairly good lens and fairly good build quality. Plus it works with 64Gb cards. I like my G1W-S and consider it the best value in dashcams right now :cool: Daytime vid quality is fair at best but OK, and nighttime is very good. Build quality is excellent and comes with several very good mounts. The A119 will do better than any of these daytime but nighttime is just slightly better than the G1W-HC. (I don't own an A119 series cam but do own the others so my comparison is based on vids and comments I've seen.) Any of these will serve you well and all offer good value :D

You don't get what you don't pay for so going too cheap on the cam is money wasted in replacing the junk while a few dollars more can be a good deal. And never scrimp on SD cards; use only those widely recommended here on DCT ;) Even though they aren't cheap they are the bottom line for reliability and value :)

Phil

I had noticed quite a few threads talking about what's real and what is fake. I have combed through a bit and made a quick list to help others from falling to the fate of getting a fake G1W

Hi CheckYourLights

I found your original post way back in September 2015 really interesting and informative. For my part I bought a G1W-CB from Gearbest in July this year with Firmware 2017.0111.10AM and have been trawling this forum to learn where I can find further/future firmware updates. But by doing so I now realise how many fakes of this dash cam there are around. Mine was advertised as having 96650 chipset and AR0330 sensor but to be honest I wouldn't recognise either if they hit me in the face! So, is your suggestion in your original post still the easiest way to determine if I have the real thing or not ie. by downloading Registrator Viewer (which version ??) and doing what you suggested below, or is there a more up to date equivalent programme I could use :

"Besides making sure it has an HDMI port it is really easy to tell if you have the real deal in your hand.
The most easy way it to download Registrator Viewer open a file created by the camera in it and make sure it is in .mov format and has 30FPS.
Lower end models record in .avi and do 25 FPS in 1080P mode."

Back