old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
2e1x5dg.jpg

Part of my cheapest quest :

Plan was to buy the cheapest DASHcam and the cheapest ACTIONcam and compare the two .. ( Cheapest money will buy )

Hehehehe , oh well .. GB has proven to be the faster shipper ( Good on you GB ) ..
As for the cam ?

Well , I saved the video at the highest possible video quality ( Sane quality ) , seriously the file was over 500MB for 3.30min of video ( uploaded to youtube ) .... ( so if you find the video a little on the nose - it's not my fault )

I am really looking forward to the Action Cam now ... ( How bad can it be ? )

I think when you pay $12.14 for a camera you get what you deserve and can't really complain, I see the same camera selling in Facebook promos at anything from $59 to $99, that you'd be pretty annoyed with

Yep , but I think whats needed is a body of evidence ...
If you actually view this video footage , and then go out and buy the cam ... You have pretty much forfeited your right to complain ...
I purchased the cam for two reasons ( 3 actually - 3rd reason is I was bored - I could have got a burger and fries rather than this cam , butt ....... The cam is more fun )
1) How bad is it ( Rather than how good )
2) As a direct comparison to the cheapest action cam ... ( Again , how bad is it - rather than how good it could be )
So the goal here is to discover how bad they are ! ( Pretty Bad )
I can't wait for that action cam ... I'm like a kid at Xmas , I need to know how bad it is ..... !

That's pretty good for the price, and it is a lot easier to read the word "Ambulance" at the end on the cheap camera than on the expensive one, and then when the ambulance dangerously crosses the solid white line, breaking the rules of the road, it is very easy to see on the cheap camera and very hard to see on the expensive one :oops:

I think the more important question is about reliability, no point buying a cheap camera if you have to replace it every month - you should use it daily for the next 3 years to test how it handles the Australian heat for us :D

That's pretty good for the price, and it is a lot easier to read the word "Ambulance" at the end on the cheap camera than on the expensive one, and then when the ambulance dangerously crosses the solid white line, breaking the rules of the road, it is very easy to see on the cheap camera and very hard to see on the expensive one :oops:

I think the more important question is about reliability, no point buying a cheap camera if you have to replace it every month - you should use it daily for the next 3 years to test how it handles the Australian heat for us :D

Well , it supposedly has a 120deg Lens ?
But it really does zoom when compared to a more mainstream Cam ( Ausdom , which supposedly has a 130deg Lens )
Hmmmm , I will revisit this cam when the Action Cam gets here ...
Also I think the focus may be out , infinite focus seems way awful ...
But I wont do anything until after Cheap Dash Can VS Cheap Action Can ( Yes I did actually mean to use the word "Can" as in possibly the type of can you take a dump in )
Hehehehehehe , the fun has started !

Old4570, maybe we're the only two crazy-cheap people here but I have wondered about this too. I'd never count on a cam like this for a primary can but it might do for a cheap side cam, an alternative home security cam, or an event cam where you don't have yo worry about theft or breakage. Not a tool but a toy, and toys are fun to play with :D

I find it amazing that they can build and sell any dashcam that works this "good" (or works at all) for such a ridiculously low price. A decent SD card would cost as much as the cam does :p My first Olympus digital snapshot cam was over $300 when new and not much better than this- crazy how much things have changed in 20 years time.

I noticed a few other super-cheap cams on a GB search including an action cam with a 100 minute record time that measures about 220mm square- man that's tiny. I might just grab one of those with my next GB order just for fun.

Phil

Old4570, maybe we're the only two crazy-cheap people here but I have wondered about this too. I'd never count on a cam like this for a primary can but it might do for a cheap side cam, an alternative home security cam, or an event cam where you don't have yo worry about theft or breakage. Not a tool but a toy, and toys are fun to play with :D

I find it amazing that they can build and sell any dashcam that works this "good" (or works at all) for such a ridiculously low price. A decent SD card would cost as much as the cam does :p My first Olympus digital snapshot cam was over $300 when new and not much better than this- crazy how much things have changed in 20 years time.

I noticed a few other super-cheap cams on a GB search including an action cam with a 100 minute record time that measures about 220mm square- man that's tiny. I might just grab one of those with my next GB order just for fun.

Phil

Oh yeah ! It is definitely a Toy .. I would not consider this a serious Dash Camera ..
It is interesting in its own way .. And once I have done a side by side with the cheapest Action Cam , I will pull it down and make it focus adjustable ...
These are so easy to open ...

It's a toy .. I would consider this as something that perhaps belongs on a child's bike , or scooter or something ...
For $12 , it's a take out meal that will hopefully last longer than it takes to digest a burger ...
Everybody want's to test Excellent Cams , I'm no different ( Quick some one send me an expensive dash cam to review - no seriously ) ....
This purchase was for having some fun ... And in a sense the cam is even worse than I imagined , and that's not a complaint , I am actually some what pleased it's so terrible ..
I would have been a little disappointed if it had been even reasonably good .. ( That would have been a downer )
Now what remains to be seen , is that action cam - can it possibly be this bad ? ( Oh man I wish it was here already ) ...
Talking about stuff is such an anticlimax , I want to play Cam Car ! ( Hehehehe )

I was looking at the footage , and if you like posting bad driver videos , this camera would be perfect .. The video is so awful making out the plates would be almost impossible ..
If you wish to protect the anonymity of the bad driver ! ( Its the perfect cam for that lousy video quality some people seek )

It looks like you've paid WAY to much for this camera! :D
Could'a bought one that does 1080p too!

cheapest.jpg

Spare a thought for poor Robocop. He sees that way all the time...

But still he got the job done :cool:

Make me wonder if Robocop will ever join Justice League :D

Back