QVIA R975 - Need some help with firmware and hardwiring

jy1129

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased a QVIA R975 dash cam from an ebay seller from Korea and I need help troubleshooting some issues:

Also purchased the following memory cards:
SanDisk Extreme 128GB microSDXC
Lexar Professional 1000x 256GB SDXC UHS-II/U3 Card

1) I formatted the cards on my Mac, then it asked to format the cards again on the dash cam. After doing some recordings, I wanted to see how the video looked and also update the firmware. My Macbook could not read the card and asked if I wanted to format it. Is the issue from the SDXC card slot on my Mac?

2) I have a Honda Fit and put the "battery" wire for constant power in a fuse location that I knew would not switch off. The dash cam still switches off when I completely turn the car off. It will turn back on when I turn the key to ACC mode. Any idea which fuse slot would provide a better constant power feed?

3) The wifi seems to go in and out when I try to connect my phone to the dash cam. Is this normal?

On another note, if you choose to get this model, make sure to buy it from a US seller. I was sent the wrong model (non-gps instead of gps but was compensated instead of exchanging it), and the firmware is in Korean so you can only get english by updating the firmware. It has been a PITA to say the least.

2) I have a Honda Fit and put the "battery" wire for constant power in a fuse location that I knew would not switch off. The dash cam still switches off when I completely turn the car off. It will turn back on when I turn the key to ACC mode. Any idea which fuse slot would provide a better constant power feed?

Therefore it's a switched circuit, you need to find one that's constant.

Use a multimeter to check.

Here's how - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/test-for-always-on-fuse-with-this-multi-meter-pic.21263/

I purchased a QVIA R975 dash cam from an ebay seller from Korea and I need help troubleshooting some issues:

Also purchased the following memory cards:
SanDisk Extreme 128GB microSDXC
Lexar Professional 1000x 256GB SDXC UHS-II/U3 Card

1) I formatted the cards on my Mac, then it asked to format the cards again on the dash cam. After doing some recordings, I wanted to see how the video looked and also update the firmware. My Macbook could not read the card and asked if I wanted to format it. Is the issue from the SDXC card slot on my Mac?

Try the below steps.
Frist format the card in the camera.
Then plug it into your Mac. It will say the "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer."
Click "initialize". This will open Disk Utility.
Click the top level of the SD card. (Using my built-in memory card reader. The top level is listed as "APPLE SD Card Reader Media")
Then click the "Erase" button on the top toolbar. A pop-up will open that prompts you to choose 1 of 4 format types.
Select MS-DOS (FAT) and click erase.
Once completed, remove the memory card from your computer.
Insert it back into the camera. Power on the camera.
Format the memory card from the cameras in menu formatting option
Once the camera completed formatting the card again.
Pop the card back into your mac. It should now finally be readable and mounted properly.

I don't have a Honda Fit but this happened to me too. I have the OBDII attachment and discovered that if the little power switch on the OBDII adaptor is in the wrong position, the camera turns off when the car is powered off, regardless of where the wire is placed in the fuse box. I'm not sure if this problem would still happen if you had the OBDII firmware but did not have the OBDII attachment plugged in.

Thanks for the advice everyone! Hopefully I can work on it tomorrow and get it up and running with the english firmware.

Ok so I got it hardwired and working. Now my issue is that after updating the firmware, it's still in Korean. I don't see an option to change the language. Does anyone know where i can find the english firmware?

On the old lukas cameras like my LK-7500 you had to do the language change and so much other in the viewer, not least as those cameras dident have a screen.

So im a little confused as to why there is no way of changing it via the screen on this new lukas camera

On the old lukas cameras like my LK-7500 you had to do the language change and so much other in the viewer, not least as those cameras dident have a screen.

So im a little confused as to why there is no way of changing it via the screen on this new lukas camera

You would think you could directly on the dash cam with it costing $300+. Thanks for the tip, I'll try that tonight.

Well, I tried changing the language in the Qvia viewer to english and it still won't change. Any ideas on what to do?

Well, I tried changing the language in the Qvia viewer to english and it still won't change. Any ideas on what to do?

you bought the Korean domestic market version of the camera, not sure if you actually have English as an option, @Calgary Dash Camera - Robert would most likely know if it is locked to Korean or not

Back