GT450W WDR F1.6 Shadow-Tec by TioTech dash cam

Lets address other dash camera models related questions in specific threads, not here. I see its getting too long and messy mixing too many other models into gt450w thread.

Yea but it's extremely confusing because they're all essentially the same dash cam (or not the same but pretending to be, like the 12mb/s neutrals/givoes). IMO all the GT threads should really be merged, because you are going to get zero responses in the shadow tec forum but a lot more in the DOD/Tiotech.

I mean there's so many great new (and ripoff with same internals, and not) dash cams coming out just in the last month (what's up with the new ambarellas?), and most people aren't keen to try new things in regards to tech, even if it's the same internals (case in point, DVR-027 being more recommended than the newer, slightly upgraded 207, because the 027 must be 'reliable' for lasting 3 years but waiting 3 years to see if a dash cam is worth buying is crazy, because it'll be, like the dvr-027/207 is now, very outdated and low quality relative to newer offerings).

I mean I really don't think anyone cares about the GT450w more than the GT300/350/550/680, sure the form factor is kinda cool but we all know it's literally the same dash cam and will perform identically. It's hard to find good technical information on performance of, say, a GT450, when someone reporting on the same internals of a GT300 being broken down in the gt300 thread and that guy searching gt450's won't see it.

be like comparing the 1080 vs 5k. something more or less like this, so let us get an idea.

be like comparing the 1080 vs 5k. something more or less like this, so let us get an idea.

What do you mean "1080 vs 5k." ?

^ Resolution. If you google "1080 vs 5k" you'll see. I think that's quite an exaggeration but w/e.

^ Resolution. If you google "1080 vs 5k" you'll see. I think that's quite an exaggeration but w/e.

Ok, I understand about watching 1080p video quality selectiong in the youtube videos, but what do you mean about "5v" and "w/e".
Sorry, my english is not that great and some time I dont understand some "other" technical or shorted words. Please explain for me and maybe for others whos first languade is not English.

Thank you.

5K is a new resolution standard, 5120x2700, about 3x of 1080:
Red+Resolution+Scale.jpg

goku's point was saying the difference was like 5k vs 1080, which is like saying 1080 vs 480. I'm not exactly sure what he was referencing, I think he was talking about the difference between the Vf300w and GT300w, maybe G1w vs gt300w, either way I don't foresee the difference being *that* big. Maybe more like 720 vs 1080 (still an exaggeration imo).

5v = 5volt, but I didn't say that. I assume that's a typo. 5k is the shorthand for the resolution 5120x27000 (k = thousands, 5K = 5000, which is close to 5120, of 5120x2700. So $1K = $1000. This is because kilo is a measure of 1000 in metric, ie kilometer = 1000 meters).

w/e = whatever.

Belial = Awesome

Back