Faulty G-sensor?

coolsong

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just got a DR650 GW 2CH and installed it on '16 Accord.

The issue is, after the car starts, it will start recording in normal mode. After 5 mins, it will automatically go into Parking mode.

In the desktop app, when I go into Advanced setting for G-sensors and play recorded vidoes, there is nothing.

Another thing I noticed is that once the engine is turned off and the car is started again some time later (the car was in Parking mode while I was driving), the dash cam wouldnt go into Normal mode (manual says once the engine starts it will go into normal mode, which it didn't)

I have tried upgrading the firmware, tried connecting the wires to different fuses, but can't seem to figure out what might be causing this issue. I've googled the issue, and there was one thread where one person was having the same issue and he figured it was a G sensor issue. In that thread he said he sent his cam back and got an exchange.

This is my first dashcam and I am not sure if I am missing something.

Thanks,

Hi

I'm assuming you've got a PMP or something similar.

If you switch on your engine and the parking mode setting has run out, the cam will start in normal mode. If you don't move (for 5 minutes) it'll go into parking mode (no motion).

Switching the engine on doesn't switch the cam to normal mode, if it's still in parking mode, as it's still getting power. The cam picks up the motion of the car and then changes to normal mode.

Regarding missing videos - Depending on your settings, you may not get recorded videos in parking mode. The cam is still running but doesn't record anything until the cam detects motion (leaves floating by, trees swaying etc.). Perhaps your setting are off/faulty.

Is your power pack wired up correctly? If it's mainly in parking mode, it suggests it's running off the power pack when driving.

Good luck

John

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

It's connected to multisafter and hardwired.

Hmm the problem is the car doesnt go into normal mode from Parking mode when the car starts moving. so as suggested in reddit maybe ill flick my cam or something or even play with my g sensor settings (which I've tried already but ill try again)

In parking mode, it does record (up to 12 hrs) and it shuts off... but I thought its supposed to shut off only when there is nothing going on for 12 hrs (the car was parked outdoor parking lot so there was other cars passing by from a distance but no motion could have been detected)

Back