Cellink B Review + [June 24 2015] Cellink B Expansion Review

Has anyone tried, or anyone know, if the Cellink can be charged using 12V smart charger for a car battery (something like a CTEK, for example)?
Just for reference (since I'm late), some CTEK chargers (I have the Multi XS 7000) have a "Supply" mode - constant 13.6V and up to 7A.

2 questions.

1) can you use a version 2 main cellink b. With a version 1 extended battery ? (Version 1 extended battery has the extra USB outputs)

2) I have a thinkware 750 dashcam with parking mode. It uses the 3 cables I hardware into the fuses to activate parking mode. If I plug in the cig lighter it won't activate parking mode.

Is there an adapter I can install for the 3 wires?

2 questions.

1) can you use a version 2 main cellink b. With a version 1 extended battery ? (Version 1 extended battery has the extra USB outputs)

2) I have a thinkware 750 dashcam with parking mode. It uses the 3 cables I hardware into the fuses to activate parking mode. If I plug in the cig lighter it won't activate parking mode.

Is there an adapter I can install for the 3 wires?
1) yes you can, I tried it myself. I ended up selling my version 1 including the expansion, and I am buying the new expansion though because supposedly it has better performance (i dunno how true that is) but mostly I like that it has no extra cords sticking out of it, just the one power input. i put might in a very tight space.

2) if you have version 2 of the main cellink b, you actually have to cut the cig socket out put off, there is a red white and black cable connecting it. it is sort of confusing if you don't read this before because you connect the cameras hard wire cabling backwards, yellow goes to red, red goes to yellow. but read this: https://www.blackboxmycar.com/blogs/news/connecting-korean-dashcams-to-the-cellink-battery-b

I have connected my F770 like this and it works fine with the V2 cellink. the reason just using the cig adapter does not activate parking mode is because the thinkware cams must have an ACC/Batt/Ground connection to know when to switch to parking mode. when it detects the ACC is off, it immediately switches to parking mode. This is different from blackvue, where a blackvue camera uses the internal sensors to notice you have not been moving/driving for a few minutes, so it then switches to parking mode. once it detects you are driving again it goes back to normal recording, where the thinkwares don't switch back until it detects the ACC connection turning on again.

1) yes you can, I tried it myself. I ended up selling my version 1 including the expansion, and I am buying the new expansion though because supposedly it has better performance (i dunno how true that is) but mostly I like that it has no extra cords sticking out of it, just the one power input. i put might in a very tight space.

2) if you have version 2 of the main cellink b, you actually have to cut the cig socket out put off, there is a red white and black cable connecting it. it is sort of confusing if you don't read this before because you connect the cameras hard wire cabling backwards, yellow goes to red, red goes to yellow. but read this: https://www.blackboxmycar.com/blogs/news/connecting-korean-dashcams-to-the-cellink-battery-b

I have connected my F770 like this and it works fine with the V2 cellink. the reason just using the cig adapter does not activate parking mode is because the thinkware cams must have an ACC/Batt/Ground connection to know when to switch to parking mode. when it detects the ACC is off, it immediately switches to parking mode. This is different from blackvue, where a blackvue camera uses the internal sensors to notice you have not been moving/driving for a few minutes, so it then switches to parking mode. once it detects you are driving again it goes back to normal recording, where the thinkwares don't switch back until it detects the ACC connection turning on again.

2) Thanks, i actually thought i try to contact the seller and he said he can order in the cable that attaches to the output the has the 3 wires ( ACC BAT GROUND).
so all i have to do is wire them together.
cheers for your help and detailed reply.

1) thats great. because i like the extra USB ports for charging phones etc. this is my first cellink so i can't tell if its an improvement on the v1. time will tell.

Nice review! Do you know if theres a way to connect the power magic pro with this Cellink battery pack? I would like to use the car battery to charge the Cellink until it drops below 12V.

Nice review! Do you know if theres a way to connect the power magic pro with this Cellink battery pack? I would like to use the car battery to charge the Cellink until it drops below 12V.
I'm pretty sure you can . it will just act like other hard wire kits.

Back