cant find what im looking for

dennyrox

Reaction score
I've been interested in purchasing a dash cam but I cant seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. The specifics that im looking for are a three camera simultanious cam system that will record front, driver and rear. all with mics and a seperate dvr that can be hidden away. scenario would be that if im stopped and unlawfully searched and the camera is unlawfully siezed that all records will be left. or if the vehicle is broken into thievs may steal camera but the dvr will be left untouched. anyone have any ideas?

there are some multi cam units that use a hideaway box for storage, effectively the same as what's often used on buses, don't think you'll find with more than one mic input though, not sure why you need more than one as the mic inside will still pickup what's going on outside, resolution is generally lower on these units as well, don't expect full hd

Hi dennyrox,

There are many mobile DVRs with 4 cameras or more. The problem is that video quality is usually not that good (480p) not HD. Some even come with multiple channels of audio input.

This mobile DVR has 4 channels for video and 4 channels for audio. Unfortunately, video quality is probably quite poor.

thanx for the input guys. although arent still quite what im looking for. as far as the mic situation the reason for all mics is to record audio not only inside the vehicle but also outside in the rear and both passenger and driver side.

dennyrox said:
thanx for the input guys. although arent still quite what im looking for. as far as the mic situation the reason for all mics is to record audio not only inside the vehicle but also outside in the rear and both passenger and driver side.

in a bus or really large vehicle more mics might be useful, I find in my seven seater van I can hear everyone no problem, even 3rd row passengers as well as a lot of outside audio, you'd find outside mics would suffer wind noise badly, the built in mics are omni directional and will pickup everything they hear around them

I'm not sure the product that exactly fits your needs is actually available

Back