Are Amazon Reviews Trustworthy?

I watched a dashcam review by Top 100 reviewer that must be getting loads of products for review and it was not technical at all.
This drivers me nuts. I have seen quite a few that have gotten a free of discount camera. That part is fine, but then when the video goes. Here is the camera The menus are great go buy one. I have even asked questions in comment sections on reviews like this, and the reviewer could not have been more lost.
I also sometimes but not always get flack on Amazon from people when I point out the faults in a camera they reviewed.

Fortunately, Amazon itself allows buyers to filter out paid reviews. Our contact at Amazon reminds us, “Customers have the ability to filter reviews based on the Amazon Verified Purchase (AVP) if they’d like to only read reviews from customers who purchased the item on Amazon at a price that is reflective of the price that they will be paying.” (To access this feature, go to the dedicated Customer Reviews page for a product, scroll down past the Top Positive and Top Critical review, and click on the “Filter By” drop-down list.)

Fortunately, Amazon itself allows buyers to filter out paid reviews. Our contact at Amazon reminds us, “Customers have the ability to filter reviews based on the Amazon Verified Purchase (AVP) if they’d like to only read reviews from customers who purchased the item on Amazon at a price that is reflective of the price that they will be paying.” (To access this feature, go to the dedicated Customer Reviews page for a product, scroll down past the Top Positive and Top Critical review, and click on the “Filter By” drop-down list.)
Nice tip thanks!

Amazon (US) is now slowly deleting all previous reviews of free/discount products that their system detects. This doesn't apply to other markets yet as far as I know.

Back