Any cars come with dash cams?

wizkid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does anyone know if you can purchase a new car with a dash cam as an option? Wondering if car manufacturers are planning to implement this feature soon.

Not to my knowledge, but i'm sure it will be mandatory in future. All the time and money to be saved in accident resolving makes this too good tool to insurance companies. They just don't know it yet, because they are big companies and they move slow like turtles. Personally i would like to have a small discount to my insurance fee if i can prove that i have a camera in car.

wizkid said:
Does anyone know if you can purchase a new car with a dash cam as an option? Wondering if car manufacturers are planning to implement this feature soon.

I haven't seen any cars with this as an option. I think it will take some time until dash cams "catch on" in many countries like the US. But it would be great to have front and rear cameras nicely integrated into a vehicle rather than mounting an aftermarket dash cam.

Dash Cam Man

Recently I noticed a bunch of Toyota Venzas with what looked like dash cams behind the mirror. Seemed a bit strange that they were all the same shape and size. Checked out the Toyota website and found this for automatic high beams.

www.toyota.com_img_vehicles_2013_venza_landing_safety_2.jpg

The site says...

Venza Limited features an ingenious Automatic High Beam feature. In the past, drivers had to constantly turn off their high beams when traffic approached. With the Automatic High Beam feature, a camera and microprocessor located on the rearview mirror continuously monitor for vehicles that are either approaching or directly in front of Venza. When a vehicle light source is detected, Venza's high beams automatically switch to low. Once the vehicle passes, the high beams automatically reengage.

Interesting that they install a dash cam for a useless function like automatic high beam rather than having a camera that records what is going on!

Back