Blackvue DR550GW Full English Review!

jokiin said:
yeah I will send you through some detail when we get closer, there's still a couple of things that are getting finalised so want to make sure the spec I give is 100% correct, we've made a couple of revisions to the spec (for the better mostly anyway), we're almost there
Do you have any contact with the guys behind the Blackvue Android App?

Really want support for vertical screens in the app menu (not only on LIVE).
Using a tablet as a car audio\mp3\dvd system in my car and its a bit hard to navigate through the blackvue menu when its all the wrong way.. :p

vwwkaf.jpg

omwnmb.jpg

(More pics at http://suzukiblog.net/?page_id=9)

Heres a test video of my BV DR550GW - So far happy with it.. that being said, the rear camera has really low quality..
but atleast it shows you what happends behind you.. but you're lucky if you are able to read lisence plate..

Last edited by a moderator:
Merko said:

Using a tablet as a car audio\mp3\dvd system in my car and its a bit hard to navigate through the blackvue menu when its all the wrong way.. :p

none at all, I'd suggest sending them your ideas though, maybe it's just something that nobody has requested before

Thanks for the Demo Merko, pretty cool. (glad you did a screen capture of the app too) I'm looking forward to upgrading to a dual camera system at some point. (waiting for new Ambarella A7L-A options)

Merko said:

vwwkaf.jpg

omwnmb.jpg

I have quite a lot of contact with the Pittasoft guys... I can send an email over!

They also keep a good eye on a Facebook page I run in my spare time. In particular when people post up issues or comments! Might be worth popping something on? Think the other Blackvue people would really like your current setup!

http://www.facebook.com/BlackvueUK

Last edited by a moderator:

I got an email from Leesm from Blackvue;
Thanks for your kind words and for taking time to describe your case in great detail. I will pass it to our support team and engineers. But I cannot guarantee that we will implement your suggestion.

But if more people request it, its hopefully bigger chance for them to support it. ;-)

Hopefully with the release of iOS 7 and that it's a big change then hopefully they can implement this and then push the feature across to Android!

Landscape mode has been requested through feedback on Google Play with plain answer from Pittasoft, that they dont plan to implement it. o_O

Back