GitUp Git1 image comparisons with 2016 dashcams

thank you for your comment. I thought it might have been caused by very earlier firmware but didn't want to preconceive others with my thoughts.

It would be interesting to have such comparison (Git1 vs a119) with new firmware. I sow some videos on YouTube but also there you can find videos in different qualities, probably because some of them were made by pre-production devices, which is confusion for me.
It would be better to compare the Git1 with the A119S as they both have 1080 resolution high sensitivity sensors, the A119S will probably win that comparison. The standard A119 has a less sensitive but higher resolution sensor which I imagine is a fair bit cheaper.

The A119 is also configured to work as a dashcam and record detail rather than photographic quality video so although the Git1 images may look nicer they don't necessarily capture licence plates as well.

If you want to record your travels rather than capture detail of accidents then the Git1 or Git2 may be a better choice than a dashcam and will still do a perfectly good job as a dashcam.

I thought that A119 as new model will have better sensor (with higher sensitivity) :-(.
On the other hand A119 has F1.8 lenses and Git1 F2.8 I think. But I belive that Viofo guys will improve the quality by releasing new firmware (maybe thay have done it already).

Yes, you are right, first think is to realise what do I want! :)

Thank you for helping me!

The A119 is also configured to work as a dashcam and record detail rather than photographic quality video so although the Git1 images may look nicer they don't necessarily capture licence plates as well.

Have you checked the videos in this post, I'm able to read the number plates of all cars passing by. Very impressive.

btw: I don't understand why other dash cams are so ugly black boxes placed on massive holder in the middle of front widow. Shape of the A119 or A118 is realy something I appreciate.

Have you checked the videos in this post, I'm able to read the number plates of all cars passing by. Very impressive.
The Git1 will often do best at passing cars, especially at high speed or at night as it has less motion blur due to the high sensitivity sensor, the A119 will do better when nobody is moving due to the higher resolution, but of course accidents don't happen when nobody is moving!

On the other hand A119 has F1.8 lenses and Git1 F2.8 I think.
The A119 probably needs the brighter lens due to the less sensitive sensor, but an F1.8 lens is not better than an F2.8 in all ways, an F2.8 will normally give a sharper image but with more motion blur if there is motion.

The A119 probably needs the brighter lens due to the less sensitive sensor, but an F1.8 lens is not better than an F2.8 in all ways, an F2.8 will normally give a sharper image but with more motion blur if there is motion.
That is right. I did not realised other aspects of lower F number.

So, I will try to find some latest A119 night videos (as during the day with a lot of light both cams produces sufficient quality) and based on that I will decide. Thanks.

I was surprised that A119 is better in darker areas that GitUp but after looking more carefully at details like trees and buildings I see Git1 is better for that.
This is not a problem one to be better than another because GitUp is an action camera which should offer details for all image and A119 is important just for the road part where we need to see details and car number plates.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back