Mini 0805 Glitch?

Alex Mermelstein

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a Mini 0805 hooked up in the rear windshield. Three times in the past week, I've been driving and I casually look in my rearview mirror and see that the unit has turned itself off. I park underground and usually have the A/C running so I doubt it's a heat issue. Anyone else experience this?

Once I stop and push the power button it turns on fine and begins recording again.

You may try another SDCard

The only other MicroSD card I have is the 8GB card currently in my phone.

99% of reason is the memory card. You may buy trancend 400x class10 32Gb. It's good for dashcam. See this video:

I already have a 128 GB Transcend memory card in there. I bought it specifically for this camera. I formatted the card in the camera this morning, maybe that will help.

Re-formatted the card. Camera still turned itself off after bout an hour of driving. Unplugging the power from the port and plugging it back in resets it and it turns back on. Annoying though. If it IS the memory card, what do I do? I'm already using a recommended brand.

Another way to test: is this problem because of sd card or power. You take camera in your house and using a phone charger to power it. Using usb - microusb cable in box. Try to run it untill sd card is full - with 128 Gb. It may take about a day or less.
The problem of mini, in my exp, is only sd card or car charger. Never see any-reason else.

UPDATE:

I started with a 128 GB Transcend 400x microSD card. The camera kept glitching and turning itself off and crashing, requiring me to push the power button for 15 seconds.

I replaced it with a MicroCenter-branded 32GB card and so far it's all good.

So......anyone had luck invoking the warranty from Transcend on their ****ty product?

I replaced it with a MicroCenter-branded 32GB card and so far it's all good.

So......anyone had luck invoking the warranty from Transcend on their ****ty product?

The Transcend cards actually come highly recommended and work great with dash cams, I'm using 2 of the 64GB ones from my front and rear cameras, no problems whatsoever.

As per the manufacturer, the 0805 supports only cards upto 32GB. This's most probably where the problem lies. People have used higher capacity cards with their 0805's but there's no guarantee that the card will work reliably.

Last edited:
As per the manufacturer, the 0805 supports only cards upto 32GB.

I figured. The same was said about my front-facing Lukas LK-7500, but I've had a 128 GB card in there for months with 0 issues.

So now that I'm down to 32 GB capacity, about how many hours of video can I expect before it loops? Current settings are HDR 1920x1080 @ 30 fps.

Back