Rexing V1 as always on 24/7 camera

Phasion

Reaction score
Country
United States
First time poster here.

Installed a V1P to usb on with ignition. Using the expert firmware and have parking mode on.

Sincerely this camera doesn't have prebuffer I'm considering having this camera hardwired with a multisafer or power magic pro.

My concern is the battery is lithium ion and not super cap. There's also no overheat protection as far as I know.

Would it be a bad idea to have this on all the time? Live in West coast where outside temp can reach high 90s F outside.

Would it be a bad idea to have this on all the time? .

not a great idea to run any camera 24/7, much more so if it has a battery inside, given the environment the Vico Power Plus is probably a better option for power management as it also has over temp cutout

not a great idea to run any camera 24/7, much more so if it has a battery inside, given the environment the Vico Power Plus is probably a better option for power management as it also has over temp cutout
How does Vico read temp of the dashcam battery?
Temp cutout is for its own temp, no?

it reads the in car temp so you can set a sensible cutoff value
I see.
Better than nothing but doesn't work for temperature in dashcam due to running it all the time.
I have dashcams that were burning hot after driving few hours in cold weather.
Running 24/7 can make some dashcams very hot even if the weather is not hot and this device will never trigger.
I'm not sure how hot v1 gets but I don't think it was very hot after driving an hour.
I'd suggest OP to run it using a power bank and see how hot it gets after 12 hours or more.
A 10,000 mAh battery will be enough to test or test it indoors using wall USB charger.

AFAIK no dashcam is designed for or rated to be run continuously, however I along with several others use a Mobius with caps that way and it seems to take it in stride even with the summer heat in a parked car. It's the only cam I'd recommend for this type of usage.

Phil

Thanks I'll look into other more high end products just to be safe.

Back