Möbius C2 mount?

randy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Lukas lk-7900 Ace (2), Mobius C2
Just got my c2 in and the suction cup mount won't even stay up at all. How did you all mount yours? Can you still use the suction cup mount and just tape it? Any input would be appreciated, for use of the camera as well, thanks.

In the windscreen i have the stick on mount provided for x camera, and the ditto suction cup, both have no problem staying in place even suctioncup on the "dotted" area on top of my windscreen.
but same suction cup only lase 10 seconds on same area in my sisters Ford focus, reason i think its not dots i have but more a grid with the dots missing, but that area in my car even feel more corse than the dotted area in my sisters car.

its like Suzuki put the dots on some windscreens, and the left over from the process they stick on windscreens in the Splash model i have :D

IMHO if you're going to use the cam in that car for more than a week, you need something better than a suction cup mount. I tend to make my own for cam's using a 1/4-20 tripod thread like Mobius does. It doesn't take much if there's a trim screw handy on the car where you want the cam to go and there usually is. But at least get a stick-on mount, not the suction cup type.

Phil

Back