DR650GW-2CH - Not booting

whippedcream

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Everyone

I purchased a DR650GW-2CH approximately 14 months ago and the unit has caused me a few issues throughout the ownership of it, all of which I have been able to overcome until now.

The unit is not booting up at all, when turned on the GPS blue light turns solid on and does not turn off. Nothing else on the device appears to function (no voice or other lights and no recording) and I cannot connect to the wifi hotspot.

I have tried 4 different SD cards in the device (blackvue 16gb, sandisk32 & 16 gb and a lexar 16gb) along with updating the firmware to the latest and also downgrading the firmware to the factory firmware. When I have tried updating the firmware the device does nothing at all, it just hangs trying to boot. I have also tried a different power source and have also tried to boot without the rear camera connected.

I purchased this device expecting nothing but pure quality and have had anything but quality. I have even recomended thias device to a few family members, and theirs have also failed. really quiet dissapointing really.

If any one here has any other suggestions, please help!

Thankyou

Hi

Have you tried swapping your cam with your family members, to try and narrow down the faults?

If you contact Blackvue Australia (they're on this forum), I'm sure they'll be able help you out.

If the camera is hanging, perhaps check if there are any logs written on the card?
If your SD card can be initialized, check the System folder. You can forward those logs to Blackvue directly for review

I have the exact same issue (purchased Feb/2015) and tried contacting BBMC and Blackvue for help, was told to wait and see. GPS light stays on when powered but does nothing else and SD does not initialize or creates any logs. Tried multiple SD cards with no luck.

I now have exactly the same issue. Was updating firmware through SD card. The camera then restarted and got stuck with the solid gps light. Has anyone found the root cause and solution on this? Thanks!

Back