Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
1_zpsujp3uboh.jpg

2_zpsjzgz2nhm.jpg

V3 Action Cam from GB ....

Now the first thing I did was charge the battery , the second thing was to take some video at the default setting of 1080 @ 60FPS ... The video blew chunks at this setting . ( Low IQ )

Holly cow Batman ! What the parking lot is going on ?
I pulled the front cover off the cam , then removed the lens ring that covers the lens .. ( both snap on and off )

After about an hour of playing with the lens focus , I was back to almost where I started ... ( ?? )
I then re-assembled the front of the cam .

Went outside and started to play with the different video recording settings . I actually recorded footage at all settings to see what the parking lot was going on . Seems the V3 does not like higher frame rates .
Both 60FPS and 120FPS resulted in some serious loss in IQ ...
You will have to excuse me as I now go edit some video samples .

Tweaked the focus a little more ..

Here is another sampler ...
720 , 1080 , 1520 , 2160 @ 30fps
You tube upload @ 1440

Some road footage ... @ 2.7k

Road footage @ 4k

Lets see ...
Cam does not like higher frame rates ( Higher than 30fps )
Anything bellow 2.7k , there is a noticeable loss of IQ
@ 4K there seems to be a fair bit of noise , 25% of the screen to the left and right resulting in IQ loss .
Lots of settings to play with , Time laps , slow motion ...
Is this a serious action cam = Probably not .
Is this a good cam = Probably not
Is it a horrible cam = Possibly not .
Would I buy this cam again = Probably not .
What about the video footage on Youtube , ( Yeah how about that ? ) There has been phony baloney footage posted on youtube before , and ??
This cam cost me $48 Ozzi bananas , can you buy a decent action cam for around $50 ? I don't know . If you watch the video samples I have posted , you will see this cam is a little on the funky side ( NQR - not quite right )
Would I recommend the V3 NQR , not really ......
What about other budget Action Cams = ??

Last edited:
Woh! I was chuckling the whole way through this post, hehe. :p I have a similar "4k" F60B camera from Gearbest that costs $4 USD more than your V3. Your review basically mostly describes my cam too. But I"m happy for ~$40. Cheers mate

@ 4k setting the video quality is ok , its usable .
@ 2.7k its also usable ... ( less noise )
Better than any Motion JPEG cam .
I took the V3 for a walk yesterday and it was set to 2.7k , and the video resulting was acceptable for a sub $50 Action Cam ...
I am really waiting on the headband mount , so I can use this cam as a walkies cam ( dashcam for people ) ..
Video quality should be good enough for a conviction should I feel the need to report a doucheDriver . ( Or for posting on youtube )

I like 2.7k 30fps and 1080p 30fps. Any 60fps/120fps normal mode (not slowmo) plays back jerky/jittery and seemingly %10 faster than real-time in MPC-HC and VLC, but youtube seems to fix it, uhm maybe. Wonder if hardware accelerated dxva playback on PC doesn't like the 60/120 fps modes...?
Well, you gonna walk with the cam outdoors and indoors too, to see the difference between day/night outdoors and incandescent/fluorescent indoors?
StopXam Russian group could help you out with a douche drivers, hehe. But the group is possibly being abolished.
Here are a fair share of sample videos in different modes and one during the night from my F60B cam.
Good luck. Cheers.

For walking you really want 60FPS ...
No my hardware has no problems with 60FPS , several of my dashcams can do 1080 @ 60FPS and they are fine ...
I think it is definitely a V3 hardware or software issue ( NQR )

Q3H-2 Action cam just arrived this morning from Banggood ... :)
More cam fun .

I like that you're testing the budget cams we don't see or hear much of. I can see where they'd serve decently for side or rear cams if they're reliable, and that would allow more folks to have more cam coverage if they want it. I still haven't seen anything better than the G1W HC's I bought on sale but maybe something is out there just waiting to be discovered :cool:

Big THANKS :D

Phil

My G1Wc was soft on the focus ...
After a little focus adjustment its been very good .
The case ( body ) is too weak .. ( Flimsy ) Otherwise a decent cam ( and for me the soft focus that needed correcting )
Unfortunately "LUCK" seem to play too big a part ! ( Cam buying )

Back