0806firmware-150323-DCT (custom bitrate version)

Nigel, the improvements in video quality look quite substantial and I can almost read the numberplate of the black Land Rover in the background. Will be very interesting to see if any improvements are made to reading number-plates of approaching vehicles whilst at speeds of around 50mph because this is what I have been most disappointed with compared to the 0801 which is far cheaper. Have also noticed that since the most recent 0806 firmware update, that the low-light and night-time footage has been very poor with blurred number-plates, etc.

Will give this custom bitrate version a try over the next few days and let you know how I get on. Am using a Kingston 64GB class 10 card in my 0806 which ought to be up to the task. Only downside I can see is the reduced video time between overwrites.

Nigel, the improvements in video quality look quite substantial and I can almost read the numberplate of the black Land Rover in the background. Will be very interesting to see if any improvements are made to reading number-plates of approaching vehicles whilst at speeds of around 50mph because this is what I have been most disappointed with compared to the 0801 which is far cheaper. Have also noticed that since the most recent 0806 firmware update, that the low-light and night-time footage has been very poor with blurred number-plates, etc.

Will give this custom bitrate version a try over the next few days and let you know how I get on. Am using a Kingston 64GB class 10 card in my 0806 which ought to be up to the task. Only downside I can see is the reduced video time between overwrites.

Hi Nigel. simple "noddy" question from an amateur user, I have downloaded your modified firmware, many thanks. I am using two 32gb cards, which resolution settings would you recommend for optimum results on the smaller cards, not too worried about wrap around/overwrites?

Back