Mini 0803 stops recording three beeps

John Gorst

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a Mini 0803 installed for just under 2 years. I have been using a 32GB SanDisk card (from Amazon - not a 3rd party seller)

For the last couple of months, after a random amount of time (usually 5-15 minutes), it beeps 3 times, stops recording then switches itself off. If I press the middle button it will start recording for a short time then stop again. Formatting the card makes no difference.

I assumed it was the memory card was 'worn' so have replaced that with a similar SanDisk 32gb Class 10 card direct from Amazon (link). However the same thing happens.

I have updated the Firmware, done a reset of all settings, lowered the recording resolution.... all giving the same problem.

The only difference is with the new Firmware the audio notification of the error is different and it says something like 'low card speed' in red writing across the screen when it beeps.

Anyone any ideas?

I am running the card on H2testw but I am not expecting any issues as it has been working for nearly 2 years!

I am thinking it is the Mini 0803 and maybe overheating as it does get quite hot even when running indoors!

I was thinking of exchanging it to the 0805? Does this share the same mount as I have soldered the power supply to my 0803 mount internally rather than using the mini-usb (see link)

The same with mine. Starts recording and stops automaticly after some time (till 30 minutes) with the same "melody" as normal for switching off the power supply. Sometimes the blue LED flashes with a not normal frequency.
Anyone an idea???
Huib

Back