What Firmware is best Firmware? DR650GW-2Ch

Eye0nU

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just got this camera and want to make sure I am getting the best out of it. I have no need for the cloud, however I think that is what I have. At least the option is listed in the app. Can I downgrade? Is it worth it? How do I know what Firmware I have now? Thx!

If you've downloaded the app, the information will be in your Blackvue folder on your PC. It will also be on your SD card. The firmware version depends on what cam you have. I think there are now 3 versions of the DR650.

I've got the older model and I'm still on V1.009.

If you decide to downgrade, go here: http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/contact-us/downloads/

Good luck

John

Can you run 1.09 and still use the new over the cloud app? Just with the WiFi settings only? I have only tried the old legacy app with 1.09 and it works, kind of, it lets me play videos from my phone. Just would like to know if you can use the new app with 1.09? Just not using the cloud feature? Thanks

Well as with anyone new to anything you figure things out for yourself playing around. Got it to work in most ways, Can see live feed through my phone. Video playback is smooth, little buffering, on every 3rd video or so. Nothing I can't live with, if I stay with 1.009. The only weird thing that started happening was the camera would start to say volume off, a bit latter while I was playing around, it would say volume on. Did that every ten min or so.

Last edited:
Back