Possible issue with battery?

Yes, it works great. After installing a new battery I had no problems with my mini

I have finally received new battery and after replacing it everything works fine and as it should. I was thinking how was it possible for battery to drop dead after 30 days and I think that it was because of combination of heat and parking guard option turned on. Anyway here is the picture of the new battery - BEP402030P I've installed inside. So if your cameras starts to shut down suddenly without any reason and cannot turn on even when it is connected on the power source then just change the battery. This new battery cost me 10USD with shipping.

How is the replacement battery doing?

DedaStojko, I'm thinking about replacing my battery as well. Can you share any tips for opening up your Mini 0806 to avoid possibly damaging it?

Can someone tell me if these batteries will be ok to store away for a year or so. I may need to replace the battery in my 0806 but was thinking of buying two and putting one away for next time, assuming my 0806 lasts that long and I don't break it replacing the battery.

it is OK to store batteries but please remember try to charger them every two monthes to avoid attenuation

Can someone tell me if these batteries will be ok to store away for a year or so. I may need to replace the battery in my 0806 but was thinking of buying two and putting one away for next time, assuming my 0806 lasts that long and I don't break it replacing the battery.
Rechargeable Li-Ion batteries degrade (loss of A-Hr capacity) just siting on a shelf, no matter what you do. But you can reduce this to a minimum by storing the battery at around 50% charge. If stored fully charged their life expectancy drops at a higher rate than if stored at 50% charge. And of course never store it at temperatures above room temperature (60F is ideal). If stored for more than a couple of years you probably should charge it then discharge it to 50% again if it's going to be stored longer than 2 years (since after 2 years the normal self-discharge of the battery will bring it closer to 0% charge - not good).

This appears to be a little thicker than the stock battery. Did you have any problem fitting it in your mini 0806?

None at all. It will fit. And it's been doing its thing for about 2 months now.

I've just replaced my second battery, it seems that replacement battery lasted for about 15-16 months... after this one expires, I'll try to replace it with capacitor, the only thing is that it will have to be outside of the camera.

I tried to see for how long would fully charged battery keep camera operating. Camera has reported battery low warning after approximately 90 seconds and then went out few seconds later. Once that happens it just dies each time I turn it on (without any "low battery" warning), although battery indicator shows that it is 50% full.
It's lame that battery lifetime is so short since I don't have it for more than 30 days. I've bought it from ebay dealer (http://www.ebay.com/usr/bruce_lee_dt) and it would be too expensive for me to try to get replacement and send it back to China. I'm really disappointed with quality of this camera, this surely is not plug'n'play device.
Does anybody know what battery model goes inside? Production code or something like that so that I can try to find replacement battery.

EBAy does a replacement battery you may try here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171864616590

Back