2016 subaru outback HD radio signal interference?

Xvu

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have SG9665GC in the front with GPS wired down to the fusebox and SGZC12RC in the back wired along the driver side and toward the center console where I plug it into Cellink B batteries. I just noticed that my HD radio channels receptions are pretty weak. They used work fine before. Would anyone who has similar setup know if these dashcams could interfere with HD radio?

interference is possible with any other electrical item you introduce, particularly if power wires are anywhere near the antenna system of the vehicle, even more so if the antenna system is amplified, an amplified antenna will pickup noise as well as signal, try moving any cabling away from the vehicle antenna if possible, if you need to cross the antenna wire anywhere it's always best to cross it at 90 degrees, don't run cables in parallel as that is a good way to induce system noise

Thanks, the Subaru antenna is printed in the top driver side of the hatch. I was running the SC camera wire there. The HD radio channels work again when I moved the wire a bit farther from the antenna

Back