Another inferior quality processor on a "G1W"

upsss

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just popped open a new "G1W" dashcam which records in full HD .MOV format. The processor in it is ALCOR AU3522DL. Never heard of it, only a couple references to it on some Chinese and Russian websites. Aliexpress had this processor in a "New-G30" for $85. It looks like just another crappy and inferior replacement for the NT96650.

The recording quality is inferior to the original G1W with a Novatek NT 96650 processor. It used to be that if the dashcam recorded in Full HD in a .MOV format then everyone would say it is a genuine G1W or any other name with an NT96650 processor. Unfortunately it is not true anymore, my box still said it had the NT96650 processor. Unless you can and are willing to take apart your dashcam, you would never know and it would be very difficult to file a claim and get your money back.

Attachments

• SANY2280.JPG
    SANY2280.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 16
  • SANY2281.JPG
    SANY2281.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
See my original post, "New G1W look alike from eBay that is too good to be true" it is the same camera. Except for the two selection I mentioned there the rest of the menus looked almost identical to all other menus I have seen online for the G1W.

Back