SGZC12RC vs SGZC12RC-V2

leobg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Could anyone help me answer this question - what is the difference between SGZC12RC and SGZC12RC-V2?

I got from Amazon (Canada) yesterday the only remaining SGZC12RC-V2 unit and got it today, but the box has no traces of "V2" on it of any sort. Did I receive the right unit?

Old version was replaced by V2 over a year ago, packaging is the same anyway but it could only be a V2

V2 is with an updated lens with a newer firmware. @jokiin can make sure which version do you have.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I installed it last weekend, camera unit is very discreet, recording unit fits nicely in the glove box which in my car consist of 3 compartments - the smallest on the top right fits the unit perfectly, felt like it was designed with this purpose in mind! There were even 3 existing holes on the far back which made routing the cables in very easy, zero modifications to the car needed.
So far I am very happy with the unit!

when we changed the lens, that was a long time ago
I bought an early unit with the old lens. A new lens was shipped to me free of charge after issue was resolved. But I was unaware there was an associated firmware update, what it was for, where to get it, etc.

I bought an early unit with the old lens. A new lens was shipped to me free of charge after issue was resolved. But I was unaware there was an associated firmware update, what it was for, where to get it, etc.

it wasn't an associated update, that's just how long ago it was

OK, I must have misunderstood the statement that V2 and/or lens change corresponded to a firmware update.

Back