"Frgmt err" + loud alarm !!

tejr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since upgrading firmware a couple months back it seems a short while after I started to get an error now and again (quite hard to read on screen, but I'm pretty sure its the same as this thread - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/frgmt-err-need-format-message.11124/ ) - however I'm not sure how they solved the issue.

I use a SanDisk and Kingston card, i thought the issue was the Kingston at first, so switched to the Sandisk only, however, it errored again and it stops as soon as I eject the card and starts again as soon as I put it back in.

So I removed the Sandisk completely. A few days later, I got the same error on the Kingston card. !!!! If I restart the camera it seems OK for a few days again.

Starting to lose patience with it now tbh. As it often goes off (real loud) at the same time my boy is asleep in the back seat!

I've formatted the card(s) in the camera, and using my laptop (FAT32). Made no difference.

Happy to buy new card(s) if it resolves the issue, but I think I've lost confidence in the Mini series tbh.

I didn't know these things had an alarm. Can you record a clip of what it sounds like?

I don't have a recording of that sound, but I believe Kate Bush wrote a song about it.

I got that sound once when I didn't even have a memory card installed! It may be used for the battery low warning as well?

Sorry, don't have a recording as it usually happens whilst driving. But its just a loud constant ringing basically. Quite startling the first time you hear it.

Any suggestions on memory cards I can try? I've seen suggestions to use Class 6 and not Class 10?

Which firmware are you using? I'm thinking maybe I should revert firmware back to the old one where I had no sound (which is better than no video).

Think i will give that a go..

Does the dual card recording and sound work OK with that?

I have no problem with the sound, aside from some internal noise generated by the mini 0806 components. I don't think the firmware I recommended above supports dual cards. Not sure which version does. Perhaps some other forum members can chime in.

Here's a link to ALL of the mini 0806 firmware updates, some of which claim to improve dual memory card switching: http://mini0806.com/update.html

Yup - I've currently got the latest firmware installed and it allows recording on both cards.

Although, this doesn't really bother me if I can get it to work reliably.

Yup - I've currently got the latest firmware installed and it allows recording on both cards.

Although, this doesn't really bother me if I can get it to work reliably.

So, does that mean you can simply put the memory card in either slot or that it automatically switches between the cards when one becomes full?

I've always kept two cards in the camera. On the old firmware it only recorded to slot B (iirc). With the new firmware I can see it has recorded footage on both cards.

just format the sd

I am using the Samsung Pro + 64. As you can see from an early msg on this board, I had a fragment error happen to me once. I reformatted it in the 0806 and have not had a problem since. I use whatever code came with my unit - no upgrades.

Try the Samsung (make sure its Pro +). This has been the most reliable card as per mentions in this board.

Joel

I had one like that two days ago.. I've just formatted card and that fixed it.

After using Nigel's firmware for some time, all was going well, but not it seems I am back to a previous issue where the camera won't loop record!!

INFURIATING! I think I am done with the Mini cameras and will just move on to something that actually works.

Its pointless to have a dashcam that only records on the odd occasion!

We'll I'm getting to see these fragment errors (without any special sound) more regularly. Today was the third one using my Samsung Pro + 64. I'm just used to formatting the card and all is well for another about 4 to 8 weeks. My unit is less than 6 months old.

I'm getting quite worried. My 0806 hasn't screwed up in ages!
A combination of plugging power into the camera rather than GPS, and hardwiring through a Vico Power Plus seems to have done the trick. (Mustn't forget the replacement internal battery.)
I'm even using a less trustworthy (?) SD card - a Transcend 128GB in place of my previous Samsung Pro Plus 64GB. Got it on an Amazon lightning deal and thought it was worth a gamble. So far it has paid off.

Back