K2000 car DVR...real or fake 720p footage

chalky

Reaction score
Hi chaps. I.ve also posted this in the Your Dash Cam Videos section. I was not sure whether that was the right section to post in...I would like your help in determining whether the video I took with my new k2000 dvr carcam is truly 720p. I,ve looked at other video's on youtube but I'm not convinced that the 720p is a genuine real 720p footage. if you could help me out by taking a look at the video and telling me whether you think it is or not.... if it's not then it's back to the sender for a full refund....thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how to tell if it's truly 720p but I did notice that the image is reversed... the cars are all traveling on the wrong side of the road.

thanks for the reply ExMet. to me the footage is not as clear as others on youtube at 720p....

"wrong side of the road." i'm in the UK

Looks pretty clear to me. Are you referring to the video quality of the original or after uploading it to youtube?
the default youtube player plays 360p and I had to select 720p.
Is the original video size 1280x720? If so, then the resolution is 720p.
I don't know how to tell if the pixels are optical or interpolated.

It is 720p as youtube says, but if you read K2000 review here you see that there is many manufacturers for this camera, and quality varies.
You have very wide angle lens compared to some others, and that makes image appear not so sharp if you compare same camera with narrower view.
If i have understand correctly this is relative cheap camera, and in that perspective image seems to me quite fine.

Hi Chalky,

That appears to be roughly the quality of most K2000 cameras. I checked the bitrate and it is 3000KB/S which is the correct bitrate for that camera. You can take a photo with the camera (not video) and look at the exif information. You can see the EXIF information in windows by right clicking the image, choosing properties and then select the details tab. Does it say DV Turnkey as the model? What is the firmware?

I played with my fake K2000 and updated with a russian firmware and now my LCD is all white. Can anyone give me a good FW96220A.bin file? The camera works and save files on card, but I cannot see nothing on the screen, neither live image, neither menus.
Of course, updated with original Turnkey versions the camera didn't work.

I played with my fake K2000 and updated with a russian firmware and now my LCD is all white. Can anyone give me a good FW96220A.bin file? The camera works and save files on card, but I cannot see nothing on the screen, neither live image, neither menus.
Of course, updated with original Turnkey versions the camera didn't work.

Nobody can help me with a (more) firmware(s) FW96220.bin?

Back