SG9665GC v3 in September 2016? [Edit: NOPE.]

My V3 version is on pre-order with @niko , hope it arrives before Christmas as it's a present from my lady to me !

My V3 version is on pre-order with @niko , hope it arrives before Christmas as it's a present from my lady to me !
I am going to dispatch v3 pre-orders next working day after receiving them.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Knock on wood.
Often needed with customs, not least this time of the year. :)

My parcel from the US been stuck 10 days in customs, and thats 10 days efter i paid them what i had to do, and it would still be there if i had not called them on Thursday. :rolleyes:

Two questions:
1) What does a dual cut IR filter do?
2) The lens housing is shared with the A118C2. Is the lens the same as well?

Two questions:
1) What does a dual cut IR filter do?

it is filtered at two different wavelengths, normally only one range is done

Two questions:
2) The lens housing is shared with the A118C2. Is the lens the same as well?

no, the lens housing is also made to work with multiple different lenses as we were working with four possible choices

I want to buy my friend a sg9665gc 3 but they only have 1 outlet in their car.
Will it work if I buy one of those 12v outlet plugs which have 2 usb ports so I can plug an iPhone charger and the dash cam of that ?

Will it work if I buy one of those 12v outlet plugs which have 2 usb ports so I can plug an iPhone charger and the dash cam of that ?

Make sure you get a high-quality one with high enough Amp output because a lot of the budget USB cig chargers are underpowered and will stress the camera. A quality mini USB cable is also required. mono price brand is the best bang for the buck reliable USB cable.

if the power supply is suitable and the USB lead you use is decent quality (many aren't) it would be fine, alternatively you could just cut the plug off the cig lead and hard wire to a switched circuit at the fuse panel

Hardwire makes the most sense to me.

Make sure you get a high-quality one with high enough Amp output because a lot of the budget USB cig chargers are underpowered and will stress the camera. A quality mini USB cable is also required. mono price brand is the best bang for the buck reliable USB cable.

How many Amps would I need it to output ?
Do you have any recommendations on a high quality USB cable apart from the Mono ?

if the power supply is suitable and the USB lead you use is decent quality (many aren't) it would be fine, alternatively you could just cut the plug off the cig lead and hard wire to a switched circuit at the fuse panel
Do you have any recommendations on power supply and USB plug ?

I'm going to hardwire the 2CH models when they come out. This is just to tie over.

Car Charger RAVPower 54W 4-Port USB Car Charger with Quick Charge 3.0 (4X Faster) and iSmart 2.0 https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01LCFEQM4
AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Cable - A-Male to Mini-B - 3 Feet (0.9 Meters) https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00NH13S44
AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Cable - A-Male to Mini-B - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters) https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00NH11N5A

I live in Australia so can't get the RavPower

Would this Anker be suitable ?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00VH84L5E

the Anker products are generally better quality, a good quality cable is also important, Monoprice are probably the best choice for reasonably priced cables of consistent/acceptable quality, longer cables in particular need to be decent quality, a lot of the cables sold online are cheap CCA and will degrade very quickly

I have two SG9665GC V3's; one front & one rear.
Yes, just buy a 12v twin socket double adapter etc.
It's no different to your double power point adapters at home.

There are also 12v power boards with multiple 12v female sockets & multiple USB sockets available.

41sNKYCgC4L.jpg

USB-Car-Cigarette-Lighter-Socket-Splitter-12V-Charger-Power-Adapter ___.jpg

Last edited:
I use a different Anker 2-port USB adapter and it's worked flawlessly for about 2 years. I'd say that one should serve you well as long as it's not a fake ;) Amazon has your back so go for it :D

Phil

the Anker products are generally better quality, a good quality cable is also important, Monoprice are probably the best choice for reasonably priced cables of consistent/acceptable quality, longer cables in particular need to be decent quality, a lot of the cables sold online are cheap CCA and will degrade very quickly

Apart from Anker and Monoprice any other brand to look at ?
Anker also seems to have various different products, is there a minimum power requirement to run the camera ?
Ideally in the future i'd also like to be able to power the 2CH version camera coming out.

Not something I've researched as it's not something we really encourage, we spent a lot of time already before we got to our current power supply, the two channel will use the same type of power supply but the connector will be different

Not something I've researched as it's not something we really encourage, we spent a lot of time already before we got to our current power supply, the two channel will use the same type of power supply but the connector will be different

So I know it runs of 5V and i'll need a good quality cable, but will 2.4amps be enough to power the dash cam properly ?

Back