SJCAM M20 Firmware Updates

OldMan01

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have just installed the latest which is 1.2.5. Usually I read the changes log first, but this time the changes log was in Simplified Chinese. I translated it, but Google Translate had problems, so I do not think I can say that I actually "read" it. It seems to have something to do with VGA though.

Correction: I set the wrong version of Chinese before. Actually Google Translate did a pretty good job:

"V1.2.5
Repair set VGA resolution camera and 1.3M anti issues"

- so I guess there was a problem setting VGA resolution. But I am still what is meant by "1.3M anti issues". Anti-aliasing? Anti-shake (stabilizing)?

Last edited:
I have just installed the latest which is 1.2.5. Usually I read the changes log first, but this time the changes log was in Simplified Chinese. I translated it, but Google Translate had problems, so I do not think I can say that I actually "read" it. It seems to have something to do with VGA though.

Correction: I set the wrong version of Chinese before. Actually Google Translate did a pretty good job:

"V1.2.5
Repair set VGA resolution camera and 1.3M anti issues"

- so I guess there was a problem setting VGA resolution. But I am still what is meant by "1.3M anti issues". Anti-aliasing? Anti-shake (stabilizing)?

You can now upgrade your firmware by connecting to the SJCAM Zone app. Once you connect camera with app, you will be prompted to update firmware via app :)

Hi! There is a strange thing I found in recent 1.3.0 M20 firmware: 1080p30 mode has 14Mbps bitrate, but the new 1080p25 mode has 20Mbps for some unknown reason...

Hi! There is a strange thing I found in recent 1.3.0 M20 firmware: 1080p30 mode has 14Mbps bitrate, but the new 1080p25 mode has 20Mbps for some unknown reason...
We are checking on this for you. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Newest v1.3.0 firmware coming soon.

Have SJCAM sorted the issue with the night footage yet?

Have SJCAM sorted the issue with the night footage yet?
most action cameras drop frames during night. This will be hard to fix. We have reported this but we may have to see if they can do some adjustments to the firmware.

Still waiting on several updates.

My m20 unable to record slow mo video due to bad fps.. The video keep on using the same 30fps even i set it to 60fps.. Same with 720p 120fps.. It just getting back to 30fps which result a choppy slow mo vid.. So i am unable to have a smooth slow mo vid just like i've seen on youtube.. Do you have a solution for me?

My m20 unable to record slow mo video due to bad fps.. The video keep on using the same 30fps even i set it to 60fps.. Same with 720p 120fps.. It just getting back to 30fps which result a choppy slow mo vid.. So i am unable to have a smooth slow mo vid just like i've seen on youtube.. Do you have a solution for me?
Can you please send me download link to the original footage?

Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
5 M20 0
J M20 2
K M20 14
K M20 1
K M20 7
Back