Difference between Viofo and Elephas?

germany

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I thought I'm going to order a Viofo A118C a few days ago but instead of a Viofo Dash Cam I received a Elephas A118C.

Did I just got a cheap fake version of the Viofo? Can you guys tell me what the difference is?

tmp_24506-DSC_0228-1332029381.JPG tmp_24506-DSC_02251034783684.JPG tmp_24506-DSC_02261903341210.JPG

the Viofo A118C doesn't have a Viofo logo on it - it's blank. the housing is available to many different manufacturers, so there are lots of copies out there. you can open it up and look for the proper Novatek (i think it's a 96650 or 96660) processor inside, but even that doesn't guarantee it's the real deal. @viofo, can you comment?

the Viofo A118C doesn't have a Viofo logo on it - it's blank. the housing is available to many different manufacturers, so there are lots of copies out there. you can open it up and look for the proper Novatek (i think it's a 96650 or 96660) processor inside, but even that doesn't guarantee it's the real deal. @viofo, can you comment?
was listed in UK amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/ELEPHAS-No...citor/product-reviews/B0158084QS?pageNumber=2 See if you can get some specs

If it was marketed as a legitimate VIOFO, and they sent you something else/knock off, then I'd certainly complain. Many of the parts may come from the same place, but Viofo's great customer service and firmware updates are well worth getting the real deal - IMO.

assuming the details listed are accurate this is the copy version, @viofo have already said they are not offering this rebranded to other customers any more

Many of the parts may come from the same place

Some of the parts are the same, most of the important stuff is not from the same place

Better to think A118C2 upgrade version if anyone going to buy the A118C.

Better to think A118C2 upgrade version if anyone going to buy the A118C.
Are the A118C2 expected at the same time as the A119S, or is that further out? I should have ordered one of these too.

Thanks for your answers.

The camera was directly built into my workmates car, maybe I can open it next time I see him and see if there is a Novatek processor inside.

The video quality seems ok. He sent me some pictures but the it seems a bit dark compared to other A118 and B40 videos I've seen on youtube.

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/161212/eb7675zs.jpg

That camera's not handling the bright sun as well as my A118C. Here's a screenshot from when I was driving into the sun a few days ago... I don't know how to embed an image in a post, but follow this link to see it...

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4576/afx28pcn_png.htm

there's codes for links at the bottom - use the BBCode one. that said, when i clicked your link, all i saw was black.

edit: do you normally keep your phone way up there on the dash? :confused::eek:

there's codes for links at the bottom - use the BBCode one. that said, when i clicked your link, all i saw was black.

edit: do you normally keep your phone way up there on the dash? :confused::eek:

Thanks for the tip! I think I'll use a different site for image hosting in the future; I'm at work now, and this PC doesn't have an ad-blocker, and that site puts some god-awful screen-covering ads up.

I don't usually put my phone on the dash, but there are two times a week when I participate in conference calls from my car. There's one area that I drive through where I'm almost guaranteed to drop the call, unless it's on the dash. I find that I almost never drop the calls with my phone up on the dash. And the phone never moves around on the dash, so I usually don't worry about it.

I don't ever put the phone this far forward on the dash. This screencap happened to catch the phone in mid-slide, as I had slammed on my brakes for the last-second lane changer ahead of me. I'll post the video up in the near future!

Thanks for the tip! I think I'll use a different site for image hosting in the future; I'm at work now, and this PC doesn't have an ad-blocker, and that site puts some god-awful screen-covering ads up.

I don't usually put my phone on the dash, but there are two times a week when I participate in conference calls from my car. There's one area that I drive through where I'm almost guaranteed to drop the call, unless it's on the dash. I find that I almost never drop the calls with my phone up on the dash. And the phone never moves around on the dash, so I usually don't worry about it.

I don't ever put the phone this far forward on the dash. This screencap happened to catch the phone in mid-slide, as I had slammed on my brakes for the last-second lane changer ahead of me. I'll post the video up in the near future!
I use Photobucket when I can't upload directly to the forum for whatever reason. I use ad blockers everywhere but they don't seem to be too bad.

Back