Query re my Panorama X2

Bluenose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622GW
When I look at the memory card via File Explorer I see that there is an 'Event' recorded as of today but, when I watch the video I cannot see anything untoward happening.

I did notice that when the short video is actually running I can hear a couple of loud beeps as it is getting towards the end. Is this significant?

When the camera records an 'event' what can cause it?

Any ideas anyone?

If you're driving, the event should be triggered by the G-sensor. It's like when you're going over a sleeping policeman too fast, the dashcam will think someone / something bumped into your car and will record what's happening. The beeping sounds is to let you know an "event" has happened and being recorded.

We've also tried to play around with the settings and push the dashcam too hard. So, it triggered an event with the beeping sound and everything got recorded too.

Can you playback Event folder files on X2 screen?

Can you playback Event folder files on X2 screen?
I haven't tried that but I have run it on my pc but can't see anything of note.

Hopefully I will have uploaded the small amount of video so that you can see for yourself. How soon after the 'event' will the beep sound?

Can't see how to upload the video clip. It is MP4 apparently, any ideas as to how to do it please?

I haven't tried that but I have run it on my pc but can't see anything of note.

Hopefully I will have uploaded the small amount of video so that you can see for yourself. How soon after the 'event' will the beep sound?

Can't see how to upload the video clip. It is MP4 apparently, any ideas as to how to do it please?

Sound will beep almost at the same time when event happens ( maybe about 1/2 sec later ). When you hear "beep" then it's actually already started saving file into "Emergency files folder".

You can upload videos to your dropbox or mega.nz ( 50GB free storage space ) and share download link. However if you don't see on your PC then I am afraid there will be nothing to share from that "Emergency folder". Best if you go back to your car, insert both memory cards, format them, start normal recording, give it to record few clips then touch "emergency recording" on the screen, wait for 10-15sec, it will save it into "emergency folder". Go to Playback menu and check "Normal recording" and "Emergency" files folders. You should see in "EMergency files" folder that 10-15 sec long clip what was saved when you clicked "emergency icon". Click "play" and if you can play that file on LCD screen of X2 then everything should be fine.

I have uploaded the video to mega.nz and it has worked OK but I cannot see how to provide anyone with a link so that they can watch it.

I have actually uploaded the video twice but still cant see how I can make it available to others. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
This may help:

P.S. There may be a choice of few links. You have to copy link with encryption key.

Ok. Was able to download to mobile and playback.

IMG_20161222_121914.jpg

It looks like this pothole on the right side or something else at that moment triggered the g-sensor.

IMG_20161222_121939.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
B X2 4
Back