Viewer software for M6+

Raptor1956

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know there's a work-around in various stages of development to make Dashcam Viewer work properly with the M6+, but I'm not sure I want to be a beta tester so is there any other viewer software that is both compatible with the M6+ and will play the videos seamlessly and also provide the moving map display?

Brian

none that I have seen, DDPai have already stated they have no intention of doing a desktop player so it would only be a third party player of which there are very few

I think what is needed is not just a player, but some software that can pull out a set of files, possibly by time, display video, speed, time, position and maybe a map, then turn this all into a straightforward video that might, just might, be acceptable by court, police or insurance organisations. It would also be good to have this able to take the files off the phone and present them similarly.

As far as I can see, all the individual software to do this exists - it's just a case of someone writing the complete version.

It ought to be ddPai themselves, of course, and I think everyone should keep pushing this to them. The hardware is good, good Windows and Mac software would be a massive selling point. I'm too old and out of date to write software anymore, but I have done serious beta testing in the past, and would be prepared to do so again.

Their social software may be fun in China, but I take my daughter to work every day, and every day my "Driving score" is penalised when I go through the same double roundabout with a hairpin after it. What is the point of that? Do they not have sharp turns in China?

Billaboard,

The real problem is the DDPai firmware. The camera keeps the gpx files (the position data that any viewing program needs) for a few hours and then archives them. The snag is that when the camera archives them it corrupts them beyond belief. DDPai needs to fix that, but is saying it has no interest in doing so, because the camera is not designed for that use.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P M6 plus ( M4 plus ) 17
SteveJ M6 plus ( M4 plus ) 3
Back