DR750LW-2CH Intermittently Stopped Recording

Nkiat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR750LW-2CH
I got this unit in October, 2016 from The Dashcam Store. The problem started after a couple of weeks. At first it would stop recording every couple of weeks and then every week, then every other day and now it's failing daily. The camera appeared to be working fine but it just wont record. To get it working again I would have to pull the power cable and then plug it back in.
I've tried 2 different SD 128GB cards and got the same problem. It's running code 1.016. Have anyone experienced this problem before? Is it defective hardware or something I can do to fix it? I'm getting ready to call the store and see if I need to RMA it. I'm disappointed with this thing.

Most of the problems with these cams have been found to be down to the SD cards. There are plenty of posts on this forum about the problems and which SD cards have been working OK. The very helpful Blackvue Australia strongly advise using only Blackvue cards, and they're usually correct. I regularly swap between the Blackvue and a Delkin card.

Good luck

John

Thanks, John. I have been using Samsung and Sandisk class 10. I'll look for Blackvue or Delkin to try.

If you're willing to spend that amount on a Delkin, why don't you go for a Blackvue card? Blackvue authorised distributors supply the cams with a Blackvue card.

If it still doesn't work properly, the cam has to be faulty and you'll be able to put on more pressure for a replacement.
John

That's a good point.

Just a quick update, I think the issue has been resolved. I got a faster SD card per JohnM's recommendation and since then I have not experience the problem. I bought the Delkin microSDXC 1900X UHS-I/UHS-II (U3). I also went ahead and upgrade the code to 1.0.20.

Back