Which Dash Cam for long haul passenger transport

Daniek

Reaction score
Country
Guatemala
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me decide which Dash Cam to buy for our passenger vans/minibuses. We are looking for a dual cam, but the main purpose is to record facing the passengers, basically to check if a driver is not adding passengers in the bus that are not reported.

There are two things I am looking for, but which I am not sure exist:

Our buses are going for long 12 hour trips from point A to B. Then, the next day they return from point B to A, again 12 hours. Are there any Dash Cams with SD cards that have the capability to record for 24 hours or more?

Or, are there any Dash Cams that we can program to record on specific hours, for example start record between 10 am and 2 pm on day one. And then, the next day record between 8 am and 12 pm?

The second specification is that we are located in Central America, so the dash cam has to withstand temperatures of 40 degrees Celsius or more....

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Somebody was looking for cams for almost the same kind of usage, before. I think they were in Las Vegas. He had a bus/limo operation they were worried the driver was picking up passengers that the company was not getting paid for. :)

I think you won't find it fun to review hours of video to count passengers. Every day. (Unless maybe the bus has only a few, scheduled stops)

The other problem is finding something that the driver can't tamper with. Not so easy with consumer grade cams. :(

Back