Power Magic Pro Plus... discontinued?

moa_chaser

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered my first camera today, a A118C. I plan on getting a second one for my rear window.

I live in a rural area, and for 95% of the time my truck is parked I don't need to record anything. However, when we go to town and park in busy parking lots, etc., I would like the option to record the entire time that the car is off. A few hours at the most.

For my normal every day mode, I would like the cameras on only when the car is on (and have that happen automatically), but I would like to override that and flip a switch to turn them on regardless, as needed... such as when I'm parking in the city. I would need to power two cameras so I would need 1A per outlet.

It seems like that Power Magic Pro Plus would have done what I wanted, but it seems to be unavailable everywhere. Is it discontinued?

I saw the Lukas 290C, but it says the output is 1A... and I need 1A per output, not .5A. Also, the form factor of the the Lukas wouldn't allow me to do a clean looking install and mount without the plastic controller hanging somewhere in my truck. The blocky build of the PMPP would let me mount it more cleanly.

If the PMPP is unavailable, is there another solution out there that will do what I need it to do?

Buy another Ciggy socket and piggy back it off the wires to the one on there.

I have two cameras on an original PM I took power off the aux feed TO the PM for the front camera and used the ciggy socket for the rear one so as to have the timer work in park mode. Has worked OK for two years.

In your case solder the second socket to the outlet wires of the existing one and it will work OK

Just makes an extra connection to come loose Thats why I did it my way and taped all the connections together as quite often ciggy plugs work their way loose.

are there no other brands with two ports? I thought lukas had one. I still have my PMP+ but I am holding onto it to eventually put in a family members car.

I realize this is an old thread, but hopefully someone out there with an answer will respond. I too wonder about connecting two devices to my PMP.

Will it cause any problems if I use a socket splitter and run a hotspot that uses 1.2A?

My dashcam is a DR650S-2CH which according to the spec sheet should use 400mA with wifi and GPS on. The PMP specs say it outputs 1A with 2A as the max.

So that means I should be good using 1.6A and not cause any problems, as long as I draw no more than 2A, right? If I draw something like 3-5A, what's the worst that could happen?

Thanks in advance.

Oh dear I answered the wrong post

Nice to know I'm not the only one who manages to do that sometimes :p Welcome to the club! :rolleyes:
Phil

Back