Gutted

abssm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i have mad my Mini 0805 for just short of 2 years and i thought all was working fine.

I have just hit a car that did not give way to me on a roundabout and i was in smug mode as the reason i bought the dashcam had just happened.

However i have just got it home and the last file on there is from August 2016. It appears to have not been recording since then.

To say i am well pissed off is an understatement. There were no indications from the camera to tell me it wasn't doing what it should have been doing. There are 63 files on there using 28.5 gb of a 32gb Samsung card. It obviously hasn't been overwriting itself since August. It is very rare the camera comes out of the car.

So here is a lesson for you. If you have a camera and think it is working properly and havn't had it hooked up to your PC for awhile then it might well be worth checking

So here is a lesson for you. If you have a camera and think it is working properly and havn't had it hooked up to your PC for awhile then it might well be worth checking

the memory card is the weak link in any camera and regular checking is always a good idea

Yes I think at most of the cases memory card is the problem. Probably as bigger is the card the bigger is probability to get problem...

... the last file on there is from August 2016. It appears to have not been recording since then.
Your Post isn't the first of its kind here, & won't be the last. People assume that dashcams are 'set & forget' devices, but they never will be while they're reliant on the integrity of memory cards.

My Mini 0805 randomly failed to record a 30 minute section of a journey shortly after I bought it. I noticed it during a regular weekly file check. After this event I've formatted the card on a weekly basis. No more missing files, at least none that I've observed, & the 0805 is working well after 1 year.

It is all working again now it's been formatted. I will make sure from now it gets formatted regularly. I was lucky that a witness stopped who saw it all so at least it's not my word against his

I just checked my cam/card and almost the same issue. Stopped mid 2016 and 28.2gb. (card is 32gb and was highly recommended by people here.) The cam said card needs to be formatted but I just pasted all the existing files onto my computer and deleted them from the card and put it back in, it seems to be recording well now but I will check again tomorrow.

Also, I had to reset the time and date, dunno why.

Back