Bricked Yi

Details

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hi every1,

I have a white xiaomi yi camera that I think is bricked! The thing is, I was using it watching the video on my phone because I was adjusting my helmet mount and suddenly the camera shutdown... I thought it was the battery that ran dead because I haven't used the camera for 2 or 3 months and I've just charged it 5 minutes.

I left it charging for 2/3 hours and when I try to turn it on, it wont... It will only beep once, turn the top red light on and shutdown immediately and won't do anything else. Only if I remove the battery it will do the same as before.

I've been searching everywhere and found this thread on your website https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/xiaomi-yi-elf-files-to-unbrick-camera.13266/

The thing is, that I do everything and the yiSportsCamUSB program displays this:

f9e85271d7184c8597f98c780d986d0f.png

But the my camera won't blink blue and red after the firmware update, it simply won't do anything and it stays like described before... It will beep and shutdown...

Is it a firmware or hardware problem?

Thanks in advance.
Any help would be appreciated.

When you remove the battery, attach the camera to power, then turn it on, does it work?

Actually, right now, it only lightens the bottom and the back led and does nothing, without the battery. If I insert the battery, it does the same and the red light around the power button lights up

Back