VIOFO A118C2

My understanding is Nobody else has accesss to the new CPL Enabled lens housing and generics wouldn't brand their product box incorrectly. Should be safe if looking at photos of the lens housing and product box. People can always confirm new sellers here as well to triple confirm. It's always better to buy local than import from over seas anyway for better support.

Thanks. Agreed on local sellers but people do what they do. You can tell them all the things about counterfeits, etc but they'll run and grab the lowest price. At least there's nothing available on the A118C2 right now, thanks for confirming.

Plus I hope the prices will drop, both online and local the a118c2 prices right now are approaching the A119.

Plus I hope the prices will drop, both online and local the a118c2 prices right now are approaching the A119.

I don't think the A118C v2 is over priced, there are some near cost price deals going on the A119 from Chinese sellers though which makes the price difference less than it would otherwise be

I don't think the A118C v2 is over priced, there are some near cost price deals going on the A119 from Chinese sellers though which makes the price difference less than it would otherwise be

That's a nice tidbit of information. I think the end effect is the same though. Until there's a price correction on the A119, it's hard to suggest anyone purchase the A118CV2 locally.

That's a nice tidbit of information. I think the end effect is the same though. Until there's a price correction on the A119, it's hard to suggest anyone purchase the A118CV2 locally.

people that shop on price are probably more inclined to buy out of China

people that shop on price are probably more inclined to buy out of China

I was going to mention the SpyTec $90 A119 Non-GPS but it's no longer being sold. $100 for the A119 GPS, shipped and supported in America by a great company.

The A118C2 is being sold at $80 by SpyTec and CaptureYourAction. I don't think that's worth the price at all. The A118C2 even with the upgrades is a significantly inferior product unless there is something about the A119 I'm missing.

There are going to be people who feel the A119 is not worth the money or the $20 difference is going to be an issue. I don't think it's a large enough group of people where the current pricing makes sense.

If the price increases on the A119 it would still be worth it and would fix the problem at least for the American and Canadian markets. I haven't been checking the UK and Australian markets as closely.

Just my opinion though of the current positioning and pricing strategy but it will be part of my recommendations moving forward.

The correct name is A118C2 or even better, Viofo A118C2. Using this name in searches will give correct results about the real camera and not some copy of A118.
Regarding prices I think the A118C2 price is high just because one or two sellers have this model for the moment and I consider normally that stores to ask for higher prices because they are interested to bring new products in their stores and this is a work that other stores is not doing right now.

enjoy,
Mtz

I agree the small extra upcost is worth it for the A119, to some buyers though they still won't justify the extra charge so an $80 product with local support is still a good option

The correct name is A118C2 or even better, Viofo A118C2. Using this name in searches will give correct results about the real camera and not some copy of A118.
Regarding prices I think the A118C2 price is high just because one or two sellers have this model for the moment and I consider normally that stores to ask for higher prices because they are interested to bring new products in their stores and this is a work that other stores is not doing right now.

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't think the price is high at all considering you are talking local market, not direct from China, it just seems artificially high compared to the the A119 as the price was pushed down by Chinese sellers selling at close to their cost, for the overseas guys that were doing all the support this impacted their pricing

it just seems artificially high
I am saying the same thing. This is happening with any new product launched on the market and I consider to be normal. Who is smart and working to get more money. Who wants to get the A118C2 from China at lower price just wait at least one month.

enjoy,
Mtz

Can anybody share video samples from A118C2 please?

You can look here. In video description from YouTube you can find download links for original videos from A118C2.

enjoy,
Mtz

I wish I would have found this site before I bought one. The Dafego one I have works fine, but I like having the vendor Viofo active in the discussion.

Back