some questions about mini 0807

pixielark

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Got my mini 0807 almost two weeks and generally pretty happy with it.

I purchased from Aliexpress and it is the latest hardware/firmware version as someone mentioned in this forum, also ordered CPL + hardwire kit

there are two small issues I noticed after I hardwire the dashcam to fuse box and enable parking mode

1. I use time lapse parking mode, somehow when I view the clip on registered viewer, video during time lapse has pretty bad electrostatic noise (perfect when normal recording), like a buzzing bee noise, shouldn't the time lapse video have audio record disabled by default?

2. everytime when I get into my car and shut the door, the dashcam detects the vibration and starts recording, but the video is locked I believe, is there a way to prevent this? (I understand this is how parking mode works in nature, just trying to be picky here)

Also for usability concern

1. Is there a way to power off the dashcam beside unplug the power cord? I sometimes wants to view the recording thus I will need to take the card out. I don't think its a good practice to just unplug the card while the camera is still trying to write onto it. And because of the dual card setup on mini 0807, will it switch to write to the other card automatically if I just remove the card it is currently using?

2. the ADAS seems hit and miss, sometimes when I change lane I get no notification, sometimes I get false alarm, also the notification sound is really really small that I can barely hear it. I in the end just disabled ADAS since it is also causing the dashcam to run a bit hotter than normal (more processing I guess). Was expecting this to be more helpful when drive on highway but I think a perfect working ADAS is probably me asking for too much, I am not paying for a Tesla in the end

3. I would suggest to at least move the coaxial power source port for the GPS mount to face the top of the windshield instead of left (easy to wire the cable, because I wire the cable to the top of the windshield, which is causing a 90 degree bend of the coaxial cable now), or provide angled connector coaxial cable at least for the hardwire kit

Thanks

Last edited:
try press and hold the power button and see if it powers down before you take the cards out

as long as you stop the recording is ok, doesn't have to actually be off to take the cards out

try press and hold the power button and see if it powers down before you take the cards out

as long as you stop the recording is ok, doesn't have to actually be off to take the cards out
will try tonight, why I always power if off is because I don't know if the firmware is smart enough to switch card if I just pause recording -> remove card and then record again

just a quick update about the parking mode audio noise, I find it's related to GPS module, when I park underground (or anywhere without GPS signal) the time lapse audio is quiet, but when there is GPS signal I get the loud bee noise

3. I would suggest to at least move the coaxial power source port for the GPS mount to face the top of the windshield instead of left (easy to wire the cable, because I wire the cable to the top of the windshield, which is causing a 90 degree bend of the coaxial cable now), or provide angled connector coaxial cable at least for the hardwire kit

Thanks

I agree. A 90 degree angled connector would put less strain on the port and look nicer when installed.

Back