Hard wire Kit Modification.

Kasper

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello, first post :) be gentle.

so i recently purchased a DDPAI camera with the hopes of hard wiring into my fuse box. i have everything that i need just need to run the wires. fyi i have a 2010 TL.

my questions is pertaining to a hard wire kit that i have, and im curious to see if any one has attempted this. So i bought the vico-power-plus to prevent the battery discharge, however i noticed that the unit came with a cigarette attachment.

would it be possible to Cut the cigarette attachment and expose the wire and simply attach them to the wire of the camera. would the power still be same? or should i just return the vico power plus and get a different unit altogether.

My final goal would be to get a second camara for the rear window and attach that one also to the a unit to further prevent battery discharge. i need two parking lapses cam's cause people around my way are very very disrespectful when parking.

would it become a power issues on the unit to attach two cameras via hard wire into it? since it only has one cigarette lighter does that mean i should only attach one camera to the unit? (unit= vico power plus, in case i lost some of you)

the whole reason for this in the first place is because it would be easier to fully hide the wires without the cigarette attachment, since its a little bulky not by much just small inconvenience.'

thanks for the help

would it be possible to Cut the cigarette attachment and expose the wire and simply attach them to the wire of the camera. would the power still be same? or should i just return the vico power plus and get a different unit altogether.

Yes, the voltage will be the same. Just make sure you don't switch the negative and positive lead.

would it become a power issues on the unit to attach two cameras via hard wire into it? since it only has one cigarette lighter does that mean i should only attach one camera to the unit? (unit= vico power plus, in case i lost some of you)
Should be fine.

Back