Just bought a C3 but now realised it's not made anymore

Stafs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I just bought an Innovv C3 and started looking on the 'net for details on setting it up due to a not so comprehensive instruction manual supplied in the box. I now realise that the C3 has been discontinued which explains why I couldn't buy direct from Innovv despite the website still giving details about it. The box the unit came in looks new and the components inside are packaged as you would expect from a new product.

Does anyone know if there are problems with counterfeit C3s circulating? The box looks like it's a cosher product from Innovv and I'm assuming that I've got either old stock or a product produced by one of the original people involved with the project when Innovv stopped making them (as mentioned in another thread on this forum). There are official distributors still selling them.

As there's no indication on the box to indicate whether the camera is a battery or capacitor version, is there a way I can easily tell?

The setup software and firmware that the website refers to in a downloadable section is missing. However, there's a link to someone else's website. Is this now the only place to download any software and firmware? I'm after the C3 FW & GUI _20150303 files mentioned on the Innovv website but there are no links to them.

Does anyone know why it was withdrawn from sale? It looks like a decent piece of kit and not been out a long time.

Cheers

Not aware of counterfeit C3, but i'm sure there is still stock around for sale. It must be old-new stock. I used to sell and support them through a previous company.

Thanks for your replies, guys and especially to you Yooshaw for saving the software from Innovvs' website and sharing it with us - good job you had the foresight that it could come in useful as it's helped others too! :)

I'm guessing that the only way to find out if my C3 is battery or capacitor based is to open it? I suspect it's battery but just wondering if the casing is any different between the two so that I can see without opening it up.

Thanks for your replies, guys and especially to you Yooshaw for saving the software from Innovvs' website and sharing it with us - good job you had the foresight that it could come in useful as it's helped others too! :)

I'm guessing that the only way to find out if my C3 is battery or capacitor based is to open it? I suspect it's battery but just wondering if the casing is any different between the two so that I can see without opening it up.

If it still records when you unplug the power cable it's battery. If it powers down seconds later it's capacitor.

Back