Longer cable

Nice1234guy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I installed a A119 to my 2011 Toyota Sienna and a A119S to my 2008 Camery. I route the cable along the white line to the 12V cigarette adapter, and it just barely reaches the adapter. I wonder if the cable is long enough for the bigger truck. If the cable can be 6" to 12" longer, it would be much easier for routing and hide the cable.

upload_2017-1-10_10-38-34.png

i believe someone here has one in his Tundra and it reaches just fine. the problem here is that the sienna has such a long, sloping windshield, that the A-pillar is then longer, and so you need a longer cable.

when i put a dashcam in my wife's sienna, i hard-wired it into the power wires for the little "computer" in the overhead console. then there was no need to run wires down the A-pillars.

if you really routed the wire this way, i hope you removed the A-pillar trim enough to run your new wire BEHIND the side curtain airbags. the way you have it drawn, it could potentially interfere with them.

I did not remove the A-pillar trim, too much work for me. I just push the wire into it a little, so no one can see it. I can put the wire under the carpet, but run it under the glove box make it look better. That is why if the cable is 6" longer, it will be much better.

Toyota Sienna is inside so large or the cable for "S" is shorter then for non "S".

I have the Alfa Romeo 159 and the cable is laid quite a long way (or I think it is) and I still have a minimum of 8 inches (20 cm) reserve.
96IIZo0_pAgUhBiG.jpg

I did not remove the A-pillar trim, too much work for me. I just push the wire into it a little, so no one can see it. I can put the wire under the carpet, but run it under the glove box make it look better. That is why if the cable is 6" longer, it will be much better.
i bet you could easily hard wire it to the overhead console where the power door buttons are. you'd just need to find a wire that's key-switched up there and tap into it for power. In Toyotas, white with black stripe is normally a ground wire, but double-check with an ohm meter before splicing into anything.

Back